Frankenstein!?

(A/n):(that's right it's time for everyone's favorite stitched faced sadist. edit:holy shit this chapter is so much longer than I thought it would be and I didn't even get to Mahito's official introduction)

________________________________________________________________________________

You stand there staring at the bloodied seats where the three teenage victims had been. The seats wreaked of curse energy. You wanted to puke.

Nanami:"can you see it?"

(Y/n):"huh?"

Nanami: "The residuals of cursed energy, do you see it?"

Yuji:"nope, don't see a thing."

Nanami:"it's because your not trying to see it."

Nanami says slightly annoyed at Yuji.

Nanami:"we see cursed spirits almost naturally. When a cursed technique is used it leaves behind traces, that's what residuals are. Residuals are much more faint than cursed spirits so to see them you must focus."

(Y/n):"I've been able to see them just fine this entire time"

You say pointing at what looks like footsteps on the pathway behind the seats.

Yuji:"really!? Now that's impressive!"

Yuji exclaims in amazement.

Nanami:"you must be a special case."

Nanami:'ugh just what I need, another special case in my life. I just hope he doesn't turn out like Gojo'

Nanami say the "special case" part with slight distain confusing you.

Yuji:"hey I can see them!"

Yuji exclaims gleefully.

Nanami:"of course you can, its standard for someone to sense them before seeing them if they can."

Nanami says in his usual cold tone undermining Yuji's triumph. You follow the footprints with your eyes and see they lead underneath some caution tape that'd had been put up in an attempt to keep people from getting in. The three of you follow the tracks and duck underneath the caution tape.

Yuji:"you could be a little more supportive you know?"

Yuji says to Nanami in a disgruntled tone as he follows you under the caution tape.

Nanami:"I won't praise or insult either of you, I adhere to facts and judge on that basis. There was a time I thought the world did the same, but I'll get into that another time."

You look at Nanami with a confused and curious expression at the small glimpse into his past.

Nanami: "now then lets follow the traces."

Yuji:"yeah, lets go all out!"

Nanami: "we'll use moderate effort if necessary."

Nanami says putting down Yuji's optimism.

(Y/n):"buzz kill much?"

You sarcastically mutter under your breathe.

Yuji:"yeah tell me about it."

Yuji replies as two of you follow Nanami. You think back to the first time you met Nanami, you remember you were walking with Gojo to meet his proclaimed "protege" who'd be leading you on your mission.

(Y/n):"so who exactly is this "protege" again?"

Gojo:"well his names Nanami, he's a Jujutsu sorcerer, and he used to be a business man."