Chapter sixteen- Forgive, and forget

(Adelaide's pov)
I walked into the courtyard at St. Constance, I had a tall Starbucks in my hand, I had my Louis Vuitton dark sunglasses on, as I sipped my coffee, Serena came down and hit me.
"What did you do last night?" She asked. I looked at her.
"All I remember is Chuck screaming at me, and then I left." I said.
"What about the part you had sex with Carter?" She said. I coughed, and I looked at her.
"I did what, with who, no I'm dating Chuck..Serena he might've been drunk, and nasty, but he's still my boyfriend, I love him."
"He saw it." Serena said. I covered my mouth. "It was an accident..I..I.." I started to shake, and my hand went over my mouth.
"I thought it was him Serena..I thought, Carter...what no." I said. Serena held me while Chuck's limo pulled up. I ran as he opened the door.
"Chuck!" I said, he looked at me.
"I don't want to speak to you." He said.
I looked at him, and turned him around.
"I thought Carter...was you, it was a mistake, I was drunk Chuck, I think we both said stuff we regret." I said. He looked down at me with that sinister smirk plastered across his face.
"I don't have anything I regret, everything I said was true." He said, I gasped.

"You know what..I tried, I tried making you think I was there for you, but you know what Chuck Bass? You're gonna live a long, lonely, miserable life without anyone you loved. Without the one girl who stuck up for you during any situation, every dark thought you had, every horrible thing you did she was there with you. And now, I'm done. For good, I'm glad I slept with Carter.." I said, I laid the Necklace down in his hand, and he just looked at me, as I walked away.
"Adelaide!" He yelled, running after me, I had gotten into a taxi while he was running after me.
I knocked on Carter's door. He opened it and smiled.
"Came.." He said, as I pulled myself on him kissing him he stumbled back and laid on the bed, I took off my skirt and everything as he made me fall onto the bed..
We sat looking at each other, his fingers twirling his into mine.
"I think I should go." I said, he smiled. "No, stay.." He said. "We can go get something to drink, how about Victrola?" He said. I nodded, forgetting then that.

We walked into Victrolla, the lights were dimmed, and the black halter dress I had on was a bit short, and my hair was up, I sat beside Carter, his arm around my shoulder.
"Do you think maybe we could..start over?" Carter whispered.
"I don't think we could ever start again." I said, he looked at me.
"Is this because of Chuck Bass?" He asked, I looked at him and shook my head. "No, no he treated me horribly, and..." I swallowed my beer, and as I look in the corner a Chuck Bass staring at me. I got up, and walked in front of him. "Adelaide." He nodded. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the wall.
"What the hell?!" I said. "What do you mean?" He asked, I looked at him.
"You, knowingly are staring at me and Carter!" I said ,he looked at me.
"I do own this club?" He smiled. I laughed.
"Lily, knows we broke up. Rufus knows, everyone knows, even Blair's pissed at you, I was drunk and selfless and soulless to say those horrible this to you, and about you. But.." He held my hand. "Were holding onto the pain because it's all we have left, we don't have to a have a choice.." He said, I looked at him. "I think we need space, we need..some time to think before we start in dealing with us.." I said.
Chuck looked at me, and held my hand tighter. "And when you forget your Adelaide Percy, remember I'm Chuck Bass, and I'll love you, for eternity."