Invitation

Ed's pov

I stared down at the message for the fourth time that day, my mum had sent me two hours ago. My mum had stayed in New York for a week and left this morning with just a little not in which she had given the hotel manager o give to me.

Hi Ed hunny, I have decided to go back home since your Dad is probably got mental without me. He knew I needed a break but I think it's time to get back to him. Forget what I told you last Sunday it was just a misunderstanding. I hope to see you soon after your break, no earlier please. Don't worry about me Ill be fine, please worry about yourself for once. If I need you ill call. xox
Mum xx

Why would she go back to him. I know it's no misunderstanding, I know she is just worried about what I might do to him if I see him anytime soon and what he might do to me if I blow up on him. I know he won't touch her again, he does love her. What could I do to help anyway? I'd probably just make things worse.

Right now I needed to worry about going to the AMA's with Ellie. I wasn't going to go until she bribed me to come as her date and I couldn't refuse because she was not having any of it and anyway I might see Taylor there if I go. I picked out a navy suit with a white shirt and some black shoes since Ellie begged me to wear something formal.

____________

"You look beautiful", I complemented her as she entered the back of my car to sit beside me.

"Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself", she smirked and I couldn't help but wish Taylor was sitting here beside me instead of Ellie. I felt terrible for leading Ellie on when I didn't feel anything between us and I know she thought differently.

"Straight to the show?", my driver asked.

"Yeah", I said and sat back and sighed deeply, oh how I hope my mother is ok and that this night would just end soon.

"Are you ok Ed?", Ellie asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, just a bit tired", I lied. Ellie and I just talked until eventually we arrived at the show. We each took our turns to walk the Red Carpet and get interviewed until eventually we were in our seats with our managers and a few other people. My eyes searched the room for Taylor but I could not see her anywhere, then all of a sudden the music for 'How you get the girl' started playing. I smiled to myself as I watched her sing the song and do her cute little dance moves, with the most serious expression on her face. I could feel Ellie watching me so I turned my head to look at her, she looked sad.

"Hey El you ok?" I asked kissing her cheek.

"You still love her don't you?" she asked ignoring my question. Her question startled me but I quickly changed my expression to confused.

"Who? Taylor, no way I'm so over her she is the past", I lied and then smiled wrapping my arm around her causing her to relax and smile back at me. Halfway through the show I went for a toilet break, since my father was on my mind and I had gotten upset. I walked aimlessly around looking for the bathrooms but couldn't find them, eventually I slid down the wall in a heap with my head in my hands, far away from the awards and people.

"Are you ok?" I heard someone ask as they sat beside me on the ground. I looked up and smiled, it was Taylor.

"Yes well no but Ughh I don't know", I mumbled.

"What's the matter?" she asked and when I stared into her blue eyes all the love, happiness and pain I felt when I was with her came rushing back.

"Everything", I muttered angrily. I was angry at Taylor, I was angry at my Dad, I was angry at my mum and I was angry at Ellie, which kind of left me confused.