• Erupting Twilight •

•______________•

•______________•

You're the ink that flows through the verses of my soul,
The love that lingers in every stroke of my existence”

•______________•

"These assignments would be the death of me one day, I tell you".

The feminine tone echoing from the phone's speaker made the corners of her rosy lips curl slightly as she dried her hair, dabbing the wet locks with the soft towel.

"Like seriously, it's not just the notes and presentations, it's also those unexpected and unwelcomed quizzes that professor Zaidi conducts atleast thrice a week if not more. Tell me one thing, did we offend him somehow for him to take revenge from us like this"?

A soft chuckle trespassed her rosy lips as she draped the towel on the back of her desk chair before taking swift steps towards the dressing table, resting the phone there as she straightened up gazing at herself in the mirror.

The tall dainty figure of hers reflected back as it remained garbed in black full sleeved loose kurta that stopped few inches above her knees paired with the similar coloured wide palazzo pants.

Pushing her slightly wet tendrils on her back, sliding them off her shoulders as they caressed past the small waist of hers, appearing in a darker shade due to their dampness.

Picking up the bottle, she squeezed out a bit of moisturizer on her palm as she gave a glance at Ayat's glinting face on the phone's screen before turning her gaze back towards the mirror,

"Says the one who always completes the essays, presentations and notes on time".

A soft huff echoed across the phone's speaker as Ayat complained,
"I do but it's the only thing I can do. It's not like I have a choice. You know how strict professor Zaidi is. He'd waste no time in bashing us infront of the whole class. I'll rather pull all nighters to complete these assignments on time than lose my precious face".

The dainty slim pale fingers of hers carefully rubbed the moisturizer on her face in circles and below her eyes as she replied,
"Atleast we get thoroughly prepared for the final exams and vivas. We should be grateful na. There are many professors who don't even bother about their students' preparation and don't even care whether they're studying well and understanding anything or not. He's strict but he's actually worried for his students".

Capping the moisturizer, she placed the bottle back before picking up the lip balm and lightly dabbing it on her lips, pressing them together to coat it evenly on them.

Ayat couldn't help but let out an exaggerated sigh,
"Mujhe aik baat bata behan, tujhe kisi say masla hai bhi iss dunya main? Koi cheez tumhain bother nahi kerti".