• Tour In The Lands •

______________•

" So, if you're too tired to speak, sit next to me
for I, too, am fluent in
silence"

_Ron Arnold_

_____________•

Draping the net dupatta across her shoulders, she let out a soft exhale as she assessed her frame for one last time in the large vertical mirror.

Clad in black ankle length plain net frock with minimal embroidery at the edges of slim sleeves that ended at her wrists from where her cotton like soft and slender pale hands emerged.
The dark maroon henna patterns remained printed on the palm of her left hand and the back of the same palm making a beautiful contrast with the black of the dress.

The long frock was in a slight fitting near the waist before falling down in little flares.
A layer of net draped the soft inner fabric below as it fell a few inches above her ankles.
Below the black frock was the black choori pajama that ended at her ankles and the soft dainty pale feet with slight pink soles remained clad in plain black velvet khussas that Sajjida Mami had specifically bought for her.

The long black net dupatta with slightly embroidered border of the same color remained draped across her shoulders on front.
The straight silky light brown honey like waterfall fell down her back, few strands sliding on her shoulders.
Small silver jhumkis that Zainab had gifted her, adorned her ears along with the thin plain gold chain wrapped around her neck that she normally wore.
She didn't carry any heavy makeup.

Since they were visiting he lands and she was very much aware of the scorching weather and the blazing sun out there, she wore a thin layer of sunscreen with a light touch of peach coloured lip gloss.

Getting satisfied at her look, she sighed softly and grabbed the small round beige shoulder strap bag and immediately stepped out of her room.

Walking down the staircase carefully, she gazed down at her cousins that had already gathered in the sitting area.
The first one to catch her sight was Javeria who immediately gasped in awe and amazement,
"MaSha'Allah! Kitni haseen lag rahi hain ap Shanzay"!

The others' attention was also snapped towards her at the voice.
She reached the last step, stepping inside the sitting area.

Zainab immediately rushed towards her squeezing her in a tight hug making Shanzay chuckle softly at her behaviour,
"Meri jaan!! Kitni piyari lag rahi ho black dress main. It's as if the colour is made for you".

She parted looking at her in awe.

Sajjida mami also stepped forward kissing her cheek with adoration,
"Qurban! Nazar na lagay meri beti ko kisi ki".
She caressed the top of her head.

Shanzay was getting overwhelmed by the suddenly booming compliments and the sudden attentive gazes she was getting.
She felt her cheeks burn crimson at the attention as she gulped softly and turned her gaze towards Shahmeer, evading the admiring gazes of the other people present in the hall.

Shahmeer seemed to understand that she was getting uncomfortable as he immediately stood up from the sofa at seeing her glance at him,
"Chalo shabash. Let's get going. We'll come back late if we leave late".

And hence she was finally able to walk out of the sitting area along with Zainab and Javeria.

Once they reached the porch, the blinding sunlight welcomed them making Shanzay let out a deep sigh as she raised her hand to her forehead, shielding her face.
From the corner of her eye, she could catch Shahana throwing dirty glances at her as if she was planning to burn her with her mere orbs.