• Erupting Flames •

•_____________•

Laga k saari basti main aag
Wo poochtay hain qusoor kiya hai

•_____________•

His dark obsidian gaze remained fixed on her for a longer moment making her barely resist the urge to jump with the way she was freaking out.
She wished she could disappear from his sight or hide somewhere.
Man, how could someone's gaze be this intense and intimidating?!
She felt her soul almost depart from her body.
The palms of her sweating profusely in immense fear she was feeling.
Small beads of sweat had also formed on the milky skin of her forehead glinting like diamonds when sunlight fell on them.

Shanzay recited Ayat ul kursi under her breath as she completely hid behind Shahmeer's back.
Not able to withstand his intense, cold and merciless gaze any longer, she lowered her gaze and dipped her head down biting her lower lip, inwardly praying that he averts his gaze from her.

Why was he even looking at her in the first place?
And he was not just anyone. He was the merciless, the scary, the cold blooded, the heartless, the arrogant beast, Sardar Badar Nauraiz Shah. That's what she had heard from Zainab.
A man who wouldn't give a second thought to killing someone. A man who lacked a heart and fed on fears. A man who was a bloodthirsty beast.

And standing here, under his merciless and intense gaze, she realized why people feared him, called him cold hearted and ruthless. Intimidating and scary. Cruel and unforgiving.
Only his mere gaze was difficult to stand.
Her heart was shivering deep inside.

Shahmeer sensed his gaze on Shanzay and his jaw clenched,
"Sardar sahab, main yahaan hn tou mujhay dekhain".
He spoke through gritted teeth, trying to sound calm and keep his volume not too high.
He couldn't afford a fight, even verbal here. He couldn't afford it especially with Shanzay being here.
He knew better to test his luck and infuriate the Sardar. The one, even his grandfather kept his distance from.
The one, who won't even give a second thought and empty bullets in his head.

Sardar Badar Nauraiz Shah's obsidian gaze averted from her small frame that was hidden behind Shahmeer's back but due to his 6'3 ft height, he was few inches taller than Shahmeer and could easily see her behind him.
Shanzay wasn't short at all, she was straight 5'6, but the two men standing there were very tall compared to her, both exceeding 6 feet dwarfing her frame.

The sardar's chilling midnight obsidian gaze settled back on Meer's eyes that held anger but he was trying hard to control himself and keep his composure.

"Oh that I can see well. Tell me Shahmeer Chaudhary, Is my presence making you uncomfortable"?
He asked raising his perfectly arched thick eyebrow at him, challenging him in some way.
And damn did his deep raspy tone held amusement as if he was enjoying Meer's condition provoking him somehow.
How sinister!

Shanzay flinched at the cold, baritone voice that echoed holding nothing but raw chillingness.
She felt Shahmeer tensing in his position.

Shahmeer gulped down. He wasn't scared for himself. He wouldn't need to hold his anger if Shanzay wasn't with him.
But now, She was and not only this, his family was having clashes with Shahs, specifically the one facing him at the moment, and he couldn't dare to say or do something that could further escalate the fight and lead to bloodshed.
The man standing infront of them could make them disappear in few seconds without their traces to be found.
He was actually worried for Shanzay's wellbeing.