• Wedding Celebrations •

•____________•

“We suffer from an incurable
malady: HOPE”

_Mahmoud Darwesh_

•____________•

She sat on the single sofa looking at her cousins who were frantically moving here and there across the room.
Some grabbing their dresses and rushing to change while others who were already dressed up, sitting infront of the mirror doing their make up.

Her gaze went to Zainab who had just entered the room and was now walking towards her clad in her golden shararah with an orange kurti over it. The net orange dupatta with golden kiran border was spread over her shoulders and her beautiful black hair were braided and placed over her right shoulder. She was wearing yellow flower bangles around her wrists and small golden jhumkis in her ears making her look stunning.

She walked towards Shanzay with a smile.
Shanzay herself was dressed up in a plain yellow long net frock paired with yellow choori pajama. The frock reached her ankles. Her feet clad in yellow khussas. Yellow net dupatta was draped over her shoulders.
Her light brown straight waterfall fell down her back untied making her look so simple yet so gorgeous.
The only jewelery she was carrying were the small yellow rose shaped studs that adorned her ears. A light peach lip gloss and mascara was the only makeup she wore.

Zainab took a seat beside her,
"MaSha'Allah, you are looking beautiful".

Shanzay smiled,
"You yourself are looking gorgeous".

Zainab dismissed her words as she spoke teasingly,
"Nah behan, tumhara phir bhi muqabla nahi kersaktay. Qayamat dha rahi ho tum tou".

Shanzay chuckled, lightly hitting her shoulder playfully,
"Bus kerdo Zainab, itnay maskay na lagao mujhe".

Zainab laughed at her words when all of a sudden her gaze went to the figure entering the lounge.
The other second she immediately turned her face to the otherside in distaste,
"Astaghfirullah"!

Shanzay's attention was snapped towards her. She looked at her in confusion.

"What happened"?
She asked.

Zainab gestured towards the entrance of the lounge with her eyes.

Shanzay swept her gaze away from her until it rested at where Zainab was pointing.

There stood Shahana, Faseeha mami's eldest daughter talking to one of her cousins.
She was clad in a vibrant pink coloured short kameez and dark blue coloured patyala shalwar with the multi colored dupatta draped on her shoulder and her hair left untied on her shoulders.
The dark glittery blue eye shadow adorned her eyelids and a deep pink shade adorned  her lips as the deep lining of Kajal lined her eyes.

But it wasn't what left Shanzay dumbfounded.
It was the gold, a real gold choker hugging her neck along with a heavy gold forehead chain, Matha Patti adorning her forehead as the gold jhumkas dangled in her ears as she conversed something with her cousins laughing at something they were saying.