• Your Eyes (I) •

•_____________•

•_____________•

Teri soorat say hai Alam main baharon ko sabaat

Teri ankhon k siwa dunya main rakha Kiya hai

_Faiz Ahmed Faiz_

•_____________•

This morning had been alot different than previous ones,
Simply because sun shone down much brightly today, illuminating everything a beautiful golden, basking the world in its glittery hues.

Though the winter had nearly been at its peak in the last few days with the misty fog covering the whole area, turning it a hazy white,
Strangely, the sun rose this morning in a clear sky devoid of any white puffy cloud.
Even the fog wasn't there as it used to be and the chilling-ness of weather was pretty much in control.

The crystal like dew drops glinted a light green under the sun's rays as the dainty drops dripped from the tips of leaves creating a soft melody in air as the canary sang a beautiful tune near the eave of her window.

The white thin gauze drapes, pulled over her open window, swayed with every light breeze that blew across the atmosphere.

The door pulled open as her figure walked out of the bathroom clad in a plain white knee length loose kurta and white palazzos.

Her slipper clad feet moved towards the dressing table as she gazed back at her reflection while drying her wet hair with the white towel.

Her light coloured orbs, glinting almost in a honey shade under the sun's rays peeking from the thin curtains, as she turned her neck to gaze at the wall clock.

The clock already rang 11.
Taking a soft inhale, she stretched the towel on the back of her desk chair placed beside the opened window for it to dry before walking out of the room with hurried steps.

The strands of her slightly wet but not dripping water as they draped her back as she took swift steps downstairs holding the railings for support.

Once crossing the dining area and reaching the kitchen, she halted near the door and gazed at the commotion happening inside with her lips parting in slight astonishment.

The kitchen looked crowded to say the least.
Crockery and cutlery pulled out from the cabinets earlier now rested on the counters.

On one side, Farzana was swiftly peeling and cutting vegetables that filled the steel trays while her mother stood near the sink washing the chicken as all the stoves remained occupied by pots as the steam protruded from them forming wisps of smoke.