• Dwelling Misery •

•______________•

Ainon say dar jayen gae log yahaan
Kabhi kirdar nazar aya jo chehray ki jaga

•______________•

Sitting infront of the group of elderly figures known to be not only extremely dignified but also graceful and izzatdaar khandani people.

Yes, "Izzat" and "khandaan", these were the only two things that mattered to these cruel and heartless people, people who had stones of a heart and egos the size of sun, people who were so immersed in the narrow mindedness and controlling nature of theirs that nothing, literally nothing could make them see the monsters they had become.

It was just their respect, their family's respect and reputation and their ancestor's legacy.
Other things could go to hell.
Other people could die.
No matter how many lives these so called khandani rawayaat killed people or destroyed their lives, it didn't matter, oh it didn't.

For them, whether it was anybody's precious life or something else, it didn't matter because as long as their so called respect and dignity was safe and protected, than any other thing unrelated could go to hell.
They wouldn't bat an eyelid and they wouldn't give a damn.
That's how stone hearted they were.
That's how cruel they became.
To an extent that to them, it was only their decisions that were perfect, only their words that were right and only their selves that deserved the most respect.

Even if their so called decisions killed anyone, ruined their life,
Did they actually give a damn?

No, they didn't.
Heck they didn't even possess an ounce of remorse after treating others like that!

What justice and what right and wrong?
It was their lair, their kingdom and it was right as long as they made the decision or they spoke those words.
It was right.

And anybody who dared to defy them would either be punished or removed from their way.

Nobody defied them.
Nobody dared to refuse and infuriate them.

They were those tyrants that roamed around in the skin of saints and manipulated not only others' minds but also their lives.

And still at the end of the day, they called themselves Saviors.

Shahmeer could swear he had seen many hypocrites but none of them hadbeen as repulsive and as stubborn as them,
People that were obsessed with turning their wrong into right and breaking every finger that was pointed at them for their wrongdoing.

Doing great control on himself, doing great torture on his heart, he parted his lips as the words left his lips laced with visible shock and displeasure,
"She was wronged dada jaan. Neither you nor I have any right to control her life".

The elderly figure calmly heard his words before sighing softly as he leaned back on the sofa gazing back at the pointed eyes of his grandson,
The only one among all his sons and grandsons to dare raise his head and speak infront of him,
The only one who dared to talk back,
"It was for the sake of this khandaan's reputation".

The booming deep voice of the head of Chaudharys echoed.

Shahmeer felt like pulling out his hair in frustration, and not only this he also felt like putting everything on fire.