• Unexpected Encounter •

•______________•

"As you grow older,
You realize that you really want to be around people that are good for you,
good for your soul"

•______________•

This morning hadbeen extremely boring. Strange laziness surrounded one's frame and the hot weather did nothing but intensified it.

Gazing across the clear light blue sky while sitting on the swing in the backlawn of haveli where the shadow of the three storey architectural masterpiece was casted, providing her protection from the blazing sun.

With her legs crossed and hands fiddling with the book in her lap she stayed gazing above as the swing swayed softly.
Everything seemed so calm, as if the time had stopped.
The environment so peaceful and somehow calming one's nerves almost lulling them to sleep.
She would have fallen asleep too if she hadn't slept for nearly ten hours last night after having a luddo and carom game with her cousins Zainab and Javeria till midnight.
The exhaustion had led her to oversleeping.

Her honey brown straight tendrils remained partially tied on her back with a small clutcher while the small pearl studs glinted in her ears as her light brown orbs raked the sky inhaling the air softly.

She felt a caress on her head as she turned startled only to see a smiling Shahmeer standing behind the swing holding the chains to halt the swaying.

His smile was like a serotonin boost. So bright and refreshing, one couldn't resist but smile in response too.
He was such a mood uplifter.
That was a completely different case that he rarely smiled like this as if he was smiling with his whole heart .

Dressed up in white casual collared button down shirt with sleeves loosely folded till elbows revealing his muscular arms that were definitely the result of his workout in gym, paired with black straight slim dress pants and black shoes, his tall physique looked charming.
The slight wet hair coming over his forehead almost touching his brows indicating that he had taken a shower just moments ago.
The dark orbs warm almost squinting into crescents as he smiled gazing down at her.
When he smiled, his eyes smiled too.
A tiny black mole resting below the curve of his arched right eyebrow, slightly towards the right side near the edge.

A huge smile spread across her lips at the sight of him,
"Agaye tum Meer? Mujhe laga Sadain bhai ki shadi per hi chehra dikhao gae apna".
She spoke in a teasing tone.
Joy visible from her face at the sight of him.
She hadbeen waiting for him for days and finally he had arrived. She couldn't be anymore happier.

He let out a soft throaty chuckle at her words as he lowered his upper frame, gently kissing the top of her head before straightening up,
"You've become so sarcastic. You weren't like this before. Whose company are you in these days"?
He narrowed his eyes looking at her amused.

Shahmeer Chaudhary was more like a brother to her than a cousin. Even though, she had many male cousins but the bond she shared with Shahmeer was different.
He was her brother, her soulmate and her best friend.
From childhood, they hadbeen close friends and shared many adorable memories together.
They had such a precious and pure bond.
Shahmeer never made her feel as if she was the only child and had no brother. He was like that tree that had huge canopy and one would feel warmth and comfort in it's shadow.
He had protected her at times and even helped her through difficult situations.
They were the duo even actual siblings would get envious of.