• The Turn Of Events •

•_______________•

•_______________•

Marna tou iss jahaan main koi hadsa nahi
Iss dour e nagawar main jeena kamal hai

_Jaun Elia_

•_______________•

She felt the coldness, utter chilling-ness penetrating her skin, seeping into her bones from the thin attire cladding her frame as she took swift steps in the white marbled corridor filled with beautiful decoration pieces, antique vases, expensive paintings and embellished floorings as her black khussa clad feet swiftly moved on the white spotless tiles, the slight grazes and scratches marring her porcelain feet glinting under the bright chandeliers adorning the ceiling.

The soft, silky luscious honey brown strands slipping from the grasp of her dupatta cladding her back and shoulders as they slid across her neck, cascading down her shoulders.
Some stray strands cupping her cheeks.

Tucking them behind her ears with her lean fingers of one hand while gripping the black net dupatta draped around her frame with the other one, she took swift strides as she finally passed the long corridors turning in the hallway that opened into zanan khana of the haveli.

A breathless sigh left her lips as she walked past the sitting room catching glances of housemaids who now halted in their positions with gasps escaping their mouths as they gazed at her frame dumbstruck.
Hushed whispers had started echoing making her increase her pace as she, without throwing anyone of them a single glance, silently walked past them with her gaze fixed ahead.

Just when she turned entering the lounge did her feet come to a halt as her death like grip on her dupatta loosened.

The first one to catch her sight was Javeria who sat on the carpet with a stoll wrapped around her head as she gazed back at her from behind the round spectacles with the widened orbs of hers,
"Shanzay"!!

The astounded voice of hers caused many heads to snap towards her direction in astonishment but the first one to stand up from her seat and literally run towards her was no doubt Zainab.

She reached Shanzay engulfing her in a bone crushing hug,
"Shanzuu, thek ho tum"?
Her voice coming out in a shaky whisper, thick with emotions as she held Shanzay close to her.

Shanzay nodded softly whispering back,
"I am Zainab, don't worry".

"Shukar Alhumdulillah".
Zainab murmured under her breath before parting as she gazed back at Shanzay with her glossy eyes,
"You have no idea how scared I was. I was so worried for you, so so damn worried. The mere thought that you were there alone in the orchards especially at this time of the night haunted me to no extent".