• Intensity Of The Glance •

•____________•

Barbadi ka parwana lekar
Aik Shaks nikla hai toofan ki tarha

•____________•

The orange hues mixed with golden across the light blue sky as the orange sun blazed which was slowly slipping towards dusk, hours away from welcoming another night.

The golden rays fell illuminating everything basking them in the orange golden hues making the view an ethereal sight to look at.

Birds chirped at a far distance as the soft winds blew making one sigh in relief at the peace the moment provided.

Shanzay stood leaning against the boundary wall of the terrace that reached till her elbows with her arms folded over her chest, she kept looking at the few housemaids busy doing their work in utter bewilderment.

Her eyes the size of saucers as she looked at them who were grinding the dry red chillies with huge mortars and plasters.
Her eyes went to the two charpoys placed at a distance over which the dried red chillies were scattered over.

"Ap ko mushkil nahi hoti ye sub peesnay main"?
She asked one of the housemaids looking at them crushing and grinding the chillies awestruck.

The maid smiled shaking her head lightly,
"Nahi baji ji, mushkil kaisi. Har saal ye kertay hain. Ab tou adat si hogayee hai".
The housemaid replied, placing the crushed chillies in a huge steel vessel.
She than stood up and grabbed few dried chillies from charpoy and than again began crushing them with mortar and plaster.

"Itni mehnat kertay hai ap log is par. Bazaar say tayar huay masalay mangwa liya karain".
She spoke voicing out her confusion.

The maid replied,
"Bari amaw huzoor ko bazaari masalon ka zaiqa nahi pasand. Wo kehti hain wo khalis nahi hotay. Isi liye apni nigrani main ghar per hi masalay piswati hain".

Shanzay nodded to that.
She leaned a bit and grabbed the large mug filled with mango milkshake.

She turned towards the wall and placed mug on it raising her head and looking at the light blue cloudy sky with hues of orange and yellow mixing as the day was slowly moving towards dusk.
Thankfully, the weather had been nice so far for the past whole week since she had been here.
Even today it was windy and the light blue sky was covered with clouds.

She smiled as she breathed in the fresh air.
She grabbed her mug and sipped the cold milkshake.

She watched the lands that were peeking from far away, the way the area looked green as if a green blanket was draped over the land.
The way the tractors, that appeared the size of the mug she was holding to her, were moving in the fields.

The day was moving near dusk and she could see the hues of orange and yellow spreading across horizon making the sky an aesthetic sight to look at.

Watching sunset at a village was completely different. It had its whole different vibe. It was calming, soothing and serene.
Shanzay felt herself close to the nature.

She raised the mug and sipped the milkshake again, deep inside feeling grateful that she somehow came to haveli and was able to witness this beautiful sight.