• War Of Hearts (I) •

•______________•

•______________•

I have passed by many eyes,
but I only got lost in yours”

_Mahmoud Darwesh_

•_____________•

Scarlet hues had basked everything in their soft rosy shade, including the clear sky outside that was moving towards dusk, the roses littering the back lawn peeking from her slid open glass window, and the cheeks of hers that didn't bother losing the colour since the day started.

Even now as she stood beside the dressing mirror with the phone raised infront of her, her cheeks glinted with oh so obvious hues that could bring the colour of roses outside to shame.

"Shanzu! Koi dark lipstick lagao yarr. Bunday ko pehli nazar main down kerna hai, acha"?

At the echo of Waniya's scolding tone, the phone nearly slipped from her hand as she tried to keep the roguish hues scattering all the way to her neck in check trying to give a glare to the phone's screen.

But even before she could suppress the sudden embarrassment and gather the courage to reply, another voice beat her to it.

"Wo tou down baad main hunge, pehlay humari haseena sharam say behosh hojaye gi. Kuch khayal karo iska".

Ayat mused making her glare back at the face of her friend glinting on the screen in the group video call as she lazily munched on the popcorns.

Manahil gulped down the glass of juice before placing it on the table as her voice from the speaker echoed,
"Ignore these hooligans, Shanzu. Just do what you want. You'll even slay in rags, and here you're wearing such a pretty frock".

"Twirl once again, Shanzu. I wanna see the flares. Do it na".
Ayat batted her lids with her lips jutting out in pout as she pleaded.

A soft sigh left Shanzay's lips as she replied softly,
"I've already twirled more than five times for you, don't make me do it again na".

Waniya sighed,
"If she keeps on twirling like that, she'd faint even before meeting her Sartaj".

Shanzay exhaled shakily as she glared back at Waniya's frame helplessly.
Since the moment she'd dialed a video call, they'd been teasing her nonstop without any pause, any break and any mercy.

She let out a soft sigh internally regretting the moment she decided to involve them in her preparation and asking their help.
She really hadbeen out of her senses at that moment.

Averting her gaze from the faces of her precious friends glinting on screen, she turned her neck to gaze at the dressing mirror as the thick twisted canopy of her lashes raked her frame.