• Slight Yearning •

•______________•

"How do I say I miss you in a way that will make your heart ache as mine does"?

_Mahmoud Darwesh_

•______________•

Morning sun rose with visible curtain of fog surrounding the atmosphere turning the air a deep hazy as the slight chilly winds blew across the air making people remain confined between the walls of their precious homes and not to step out catching cold.

She too, with her group of friends, stayed inside her room, busy with preparing their last mid term exam that was scheduled for tomorrow.

They had already decided earlier to do group study for this toughest paper that was also the last and hence here they were busy with either making notes or going through extra preparatory material for exams.

"Wanu! Chothay chapter k notes pakrao mujhe".

Shanzay who was leaning back against the white bedpost with her legs folded and a pinned stack of notes opened infront of her face, raised her gaze for a fraction of second to gaze at Ayat who had said those words earlier.

The girl currently remained sprawled on bed, lying on the soft mattress on her stomach as she swiftly went through a folder while playfully twirling the ballpoint between her lean fingers.

Manahil sat in cross beside her as she remained swiftly making notes with her metal brimmed glasses slipping down her nose bridge, barely few seconds away from falling.

Shanzay straightened up with a soft smile touching her lips as she stretched her hand in air towards Manahil causing her to raise her gaze from the notepad and glance at her in confusion.

Shanzay smoothly pushed the glasses back in their place by the tip of her index finger before leaning back against the bedpost.

Manahil gave her a smile in return along with a thumbs up before she went back to making notes again.

Shanzay than swept her gaze across the room towards her desk chair that was earlier being dragged by Waniya towards the foot of bed as the said person now semi sat and semi laid on it with her back leaning against the back rest and legs stretched and placed over the bed as a textbook remained open infront of her face.

A soft sigh left Shanzay's lips as she rested her palm on the cover of her folder,
"Waniya"?

This time, the book was lowered from her face as Waniya slightly raised her head from headrest and gave her a confused glance marring her pretty face,
"Kiya"?

Shanzay gestured towards Ayat with her eyes,
"She is asking for notes of chapter four".

Waniya nodded,
"Oh acha aik minute".

She shuffled through the stack of notes placed beside her on bed before pulling out the sheets and throwing them towards Ayat's frame on bed.

Shanzay sighed softly lowering her gaze and going back to revising the notes again.

A few minutes later noises rose again making her raise her head only to come across Waniya's frame who was now nudging Ayat's sprawled legs with her toes.