Pep talk - Lightning x shy!reader

Requested by: Stqrhrtss
AU: High school
-

You sighed in embarrassment, after finishing your presentation in class. You did it again - you stuttered. But you couldn't help it. This was something you genuinely struggled with.

Lightning watched you, on his assigned seat just right next to you, noticing your embarrassment and it tugged at his heartstrings. He felt bad for you and wanted to help you.

"Hey there, Lightning here, the one and only! I saw your presentation, and let me tell ya, you've got some serious potential, kid," Lightning said with a big, encouraging smile.

You looked up, surprised that Lightning would take notice of you. "T-thank you, Lightning."

"Hey, no need to be nervous around me. I've been around a lot of tough stuff, and let me tell ya, you've got nothing to worry about," Lightning reassured you, trying to put you at ease. "You may have a stutter, but that doesn't define you. You've got a lot to offer, and I can see it. You just need to believe in yourself as much as I believe in you."

"Th-thank you, Lightning. I'll try to b-believe in myself more," You said, taking in his words.

"Exactly! That's the spirit, kid! You've got potential, and you just need to let it shine. Don't let anyone or anything hold you back, especially not your own doubts. You've got this!" Lightning exclaimed, giving you a supportive pat on the back.

You grinned, feeling a lot better, "I guess I do."

"Yeah!" Lightning exclaimed and you chuckled.

Sometimes, a little encouragement from an unexpected source can make a big difference.