Unspoken passion - Harold x shy!male reader

Requested by: Haroldspartner
Setting: Harold's house
-

You have been longing for a new video game, but there's just one tiny predicament: you're incredibly shy when it comes to expressing your desires.

You sat on the couch with Harold, watching him play one of his favorite games and your eyes wandered to the shelf filled with various video games. You smiled, thinking of having more video games of your own, but your shy nature held you back from speaking up. Instead, you silently hoped that Harold will somehow read your mind.

However, Harold has noticed your gaze lingering on the video game shelf. He can sense your desire, even if you haven't vocalized it. He knew you were a shy guy who barely spoke about his preferences, so with a mischievous smile, he decided to play along to bring a smile to your face.

"Hey, Y/N," Harold says, pressing pause on his game. "Do you ever feel like you need a new video game to add some excitement to your life?"

Your eyes widened at his words, surprised that he's picked up on your silent yearning. You blushed, feeling both grateful and embarrassed at the same time.

Harold continued, "I was thinking about checking out the new game store downtown. Would you like to join me?"

"Yes, I'd love to." You admitting, smiling shyly.

He reached out and took your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. "Great! We'll find the perfect game for you there, I promise."

Harold led you to his car where he drove you to the video game store. At the store, you glanced around, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the choices. Harold gently squeezed your hand, providing the reassurance you need.

"I know it can be a bit overwhelming," He says, "But take your time. We're here together, and we'll find the perfect game for you."

You slowly began to explore the different game titles. As you browse, you find yourself pointing out a few games that caught your eye, your shyness slowly fading away. Harold offered his insights and recommendations, making you feel valued and understood.

"Thank you for taking me here."

Harold grinned, wrapping his arm around you, "No problem, Y/N! Don't be shy next time to ask for what you want!"

You chuckled, "I'll remember that."