De-escalate - Cody x Heather

Requested by: NoCo-Suka
Setting: TDWT
-

Cody and Heather were a unique couple with them being total opposites. However, Cody saw the best in Heather even when she didn't see it herself. Despite Heather's tough exterior, she was a vulnerable and genuine person deep down. Very few people have seen that side of her, and that includes Cody.

Heather and Leshawna were arguing as usual and the tension was starting to escalate. Cody watched from a distance, concerned about Heather's wellbeing. He quickly realized that Heather needed something to calm her down.

Cody remembered that Heather had a soft spot for sweets. Without hesitation, he took her by the hand and led her back to first class away from economy, since Team Amazon had won a challenge. He asked for her favorite flavor then afterwards, handed it to her with a warm smile. "Here, I thought this might help."

Heather looked down at the strawberry ice cream in her hand and then back up at Cody, with a shy smile. She took a deep breath and accepted the ice cream, feeling the tension slowly melt away. Soon, Heather's frustration turned into a genuine smile.

"See? I told you you'd be okay." Cody told her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Heather nodded, "Thank you."

If there was only one person who could de-escalate the chaos that surrounded Heather, it was Cody. She wouldn't have it any other way.