The talent show - Gwen x socially!anxious male reader

Requested by: TennoTX
Setting: High school
-

The school talent show was just hours away, and you were consumed by fear. Singing has always been your passion, but you've never been able to muster the courage to perform in front of an audience. You've always been a socially anxious guy and Gwen always did her best to support you.

Just as you were about to succumb to your anxiety and give up on your dream, Gwen walked into the room. She immediately noticed your distress and sat down beside you.

"What's eating you, Y/N?" Gwen asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"I... I'm just scared, Gwen," You admitted, your voice barely above a whisper. "I want to sing on stage, but the thought of everyone watching me terrifies me."

Gwen gently took your hand. "Y/N, I know it's scary, but you have an incredible talent. I've seen you sing in private, and your voice is amazing. I believe in you, and I know you can do this."

"But what if I mess up? What if everyone laughs at me?"

Gwen smiled, "You know what? Let's make a deal. I'll be right there with you, every step of the way. I'll even sing with you if that's what it takes. We'll face your fear together."

You both spent the next few hours rehearsing, encouraging one another and building up your confidence.

Finally, the moment arrived and you were on stage, however, this time, you're not alone. Gwen stood beside you, holding your hand tightly.

You glance at Gwen, who nodded encouragingly, and you began to sing. Your voice filled the auditorium and as you sang, the audience was captivated by your performance, cheering and clapping along.

When the song came to an end, the auditorium erupted into thunderous applause. You took a bow, feeling sense of accomplishment like never before. Gwen wrapped her arms around you, pulling you into a tight embrace.

"You did it, Y/N! You were amazing!" Gwen whispers, her voice full of pride.

You smile, feeling a rush of gratitude for Gwen's support. "I couldn't have done it without you, Gwen. Thank you for believing in me and helping me overcome my fear."

Gwen smiles back, still holding you tightly. "Anytime, Y/N. That's what partners are for.''