Chapter 40

(Tegan's POV)

As we walked on stage, Luke held out my necklace that he was wearing, to touch his that I was wearing. Almost as one more reminder to just do my thing and not worry about things I can't really control. To keep myself in the 'zone' and not start to worry again, I kicked off the show. 

"I'm pleased to speak these words to you all, welcoming to opening night of Cloud 9." I said to my microphone in the middle of the stage. I caught a glimpse a Luke and Bobby whispering to each other, Luke looked very much confused. It occurred to me that he didn't even know the name of the restaurant until I said Cloud 9. That just made me laugh before I turned back to the full tables of people. "We are also very honored, to be your entertainment for this opening night.  My name is Tegan and on my right is our incredible bass guitarist Reggie, behind me is Alex, worlds best drummer, and on my left is both our rhythmic guitarist Bobby and Luke, lead guitarist and vocalist. And together, we are Sunset Curve."

"Tell your friends." Reggie adds. 

"Yes, definitely tell your friends." I laughed. "We are going to be hanging out with you, all night long. And I'd like to kick off the night with what I like to think is the Sunset Curve anthem. This is a song called 'Now or Never' I think you'll like it.

Alex: One two three!

Luke: Take off, last stop, count down till we blast open the top.

Tegan: Face first, full charge, electric hammer to the heart

Luke/Reggie/Alex/Bobby: Clocks move faster, cause it's all were after now, oh oh

I had took a step back from my microphone to let Luke and Reggie come to it for their shared lyric.

Reggie and Luke: Won't stop climbing cause this is our time yeah.

I came back to my microphone for my lyric that followed Reggie and Lukes. Reggie went back to his, but Luke didn't.

Tegan: When all the days felt black and white those were the best shades of my life!

All: Don't look down,

Tegan: Cause we're still rising

Luke and I went back and forth for the chorus, when he would take a lyric, I'd lean back from the microphone just a bit, we'd sing the shared lyric together, then he'd let me take the next one.

All: Up, right, know.

Luke: And even if we.

All: Hit the ground,

Tegan: We'll still fly keep, dreaming like we'll live for ever, but live it like it's now or never!

For Alex and Reggies part of the bridge, Luke had gone back to his microphone walking backwards a bit while he kept looking at me. 

Alex: We ain't searching for tomorrow

Reggie: Tomorrow

Alex: Cause we got all we need today

Reggie: Today

Luke: Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins.

Reggie: We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain

One of my favorite parts of any song was this part. We all sang of our mics together, clapping with Alex's drum. I stepped a bit off stage for Luke to come more center and do the guitar flip he always did.