Chapter 7

{Tegans POV}

"That was the worst two and a half hours of my entire life." I said swinging the door to the studio open to find the boys sitting around the couch doing absolutely nothing. "What's this? Do you just sit around all day and amazing performances just come out naturally?" 

"Ha I wish! We were actually waiting on you" Luke said sitting up.  

"Waiting on me for what?" I asked.

"We want to ask you something." Luke said. I nod as if saying, "well what is it?" Luke stood up and said, 

"We were wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. Watch movies, we could go get ice cream downtown or just jam out all night what ever you want, so whatcha think?" He says glancing at his friends.

"Oh, um thank you for the offer but I really want to take advantage of my sister being home, so maybe not today. It sounds fun though, maybe some other day." I sighed. As I explained I felt an extremely awkward tension and watched the hopefulness drain from Luke's face. "You guys want to run through some songs again? I'm still free for two or so hours?" I said. Luke faced cracked a small smile tossing me a mic with and aux. I took of my jacket and we got to work.

What felt like days eventually came to a stop after Luke strummed the final note of "now or never" I glanced back at the clock and saw it was past ten o'clock, not even noticing how dark it was outside.

"Ah shoot guys I better get going. I need to get home sometime today." I answered unplugging my mic. 

"Let me-" I knew what he was going to say, so I cut him off.

"No." I said sternly.

"You didn't even let me finish!" He laughed.

"You were going to ask if you could walk me home, today the answer is no." I said putting my jacket over my shoulder.

"And why can't I?" He questioned. 

"Because I said no. Also it's past 10 and you guys should get home to. It's only a 15 minute walk, I think I'll be okay. Goodnight you guys see you tomorrow." I said, slipping out the garage doors and shutting them behind me.

————

"Hey you your back already?" Charlotte asked as a sat my bag on a chair in the dinning room.

"What do you mean back already? It's after ten?" I said putting my jacket on the coat rack. She stopped dead in her tracks, turned back around to face me and said, 

"Tegan Alyssa Davis, the only people in this house is the staff, you and your sister and your in this house before midnight! Honey what's wrong with you!"

"I don't know didn't feel like going out I guess." I said.

"Hun you are crazy." She said as I started climbing the stairs.

"Hey Sara." I said passing my sister in the hallway.

"Child what are you doing here!" She said stopping and turning to face me.

"Going to my room to do my homework, and also I live here." I said continuing to walk down the hallway to my bedroom. 

"Girl you and I have the house to our selves tonight! Go do something! Get out of the house, hang out with friends I don't know just don't spend it here!" She said running after me.

"One, I just rehearsed for hours and went shopping with you, two I don't have friends, and three, I have homework." I said opening the door to my room. 

"Okay well, you do have friends, you know that right!" She asked.

"You mean the band? No, I don't think that's going to work out like I thought." I said sitting down at my desk that looks out over the street below.