Chapter 38

(Lukes POV)

"Look who's back!" Collin says to Tegan and I after we walked back through the curtain in the coffee shop after we played Bright. "You liked us that much you came back in a week."

"I'll admit... I did enjoy myself up there last week, and this week." I hesitantly admitted.

"Well, last week you were singing about me, this time you were singing with me," Tegan says, "So of course you enjoyed yourself."

"Oooh! I like her already." Jaden says, extending a hand. "I'm Jaden."

"Tegan." She shakes his hand.  

"Collin." He waved from the chair where he was tuning his guitar. "Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, we and your boy go way back." Collin says. "Way back to like a whole week ago."

"I met them after I sang Mine." I told her. 

"You guys were back here before I sang on Sunday, weren't you?" She asks. "I knew you looked familiar."

"Yeah, we recognized you from when Luke pointed you out." Jaden says. 

"And we wanted to see how this was going to play out." Collin stood and walked to us. "So we didn't say anything. We gotta get out to one of your bands shows or something, because wow, you two were great."

"Thanks. That song we just sang, Bright, is on the set list for our next show." I said. "The rock version, of course."

"That's a rock song?" Jaden asks.

"I originally wrote it as a rock song, but I made an acoustic version too." Tegan answers him. 

"Yeah, remember last week before my song I said I had someone in my life that was getting me into acoustic." I pointed to her. "This one."

"Bright, Now or Never, Tripping over Air, all started as rock songs and I wrote to be acoustic," She says. "Mercy is a song that I actually wrote to be acoustic and I had our drummer add some drums to it so I can make it rock."

"She added it to out set list. I bet we could get you guys a table," I said. "We're playing at the old comedy club that got remodeled. It's a restaurant with live music, we're booked the whole night, I'm sure we can reserved you guys a table."

"How many of your songs can you scream too?" Jaden asks.

"Scream in what way?" Tegan asks with and inquisitive look on her face. "Like, just screaming cause it's a good song, screaming to let the emotions out, screaming about somebody specific..."

"I just need to scream to some good music." He answers. "If you have any songs about a toxic ex-boyfriend, that'd be great."

"I don't have that exactly, but I have a song about a love that is 'toxic' just not in that way, called Bad Romance." She answers. "And I have Mercy, it's about my dysfunctional family, but you can interpret it as an ex-boyfriend."

"Works for me." He says. "We're in."

"Oh also, I don't know how long ago this break up was, and if you've moved on or not, but we have a blonde drummer who likes fanny packs and hoodies, who's also single and likes men." Tegan says. "I'll set you up if you want?"

"Your drummer is gay!" He asks. "Let's go! I'll definitely be there now!"

—————

Wednesday, February 19th, 1995

It was more and more common for Luke and I to spend our lunch hour in the empty choir room, especially now with the way our relationship changed, and in preparation for the restaurant opening. Most days we weren't actually working on something specific, like a new song or something. It slowly became the time we just spent together. 

Mine - Luke Patterson (Luke x OC - PRE JATP)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara