Chapter 20

Monday, December 7th, 1994 

(Tegans POV)

"Alright here is your change, and you have a good day." Jack said handing a customer their bag and sending them on their way. "Hey you!" He said while I waved at him. 

"Hey there." I smiled back. "I, have a bone to pick with you sir."

"Oh boy." He laughed.

"You just had to bring that up the other day didn't you?" I asked.

"I don't know about you, but its enjoyable to watch pure panic spread across your face." He continues to laugh.

"Ooh, I hate you right now." I  rolled my eyes laughing. "Luke hasn't left me alone about the song thing since the show."

"Why don't you just show him?" He asks. "You could ask to see his songs if you show him yours?"

"I know, but I want to see his, without showing mine just yet." I said.

"Why is that?" He asks while I just shrugged. "Hm."

"Quit it." I squinted at him.

"Quit what?" He asks innocently.

"You know what. He's not into me." I said.

"You don't know that." He smirks. "Did you know that I've recently taken up photography?"

"Whoa what?" I laugh, "Thats and odd change in topic?"

"No seriously, I have a point." He says reaching below his register to a shelf. "Somebody donated a Polaroid 600 the other day, so I bought it off of myself. I took it to your show and got some photos, look at this one of Luke."

"Wow, it looks great

"Wow, it looks great." I said when he handed me the photo. "So what's your point exactly?"

 I took this right after he did that singing over your shoulder and went back to his microphone." He explains. "You kept singing, looking out at the crowd, like you normally do, he kept his eye on you, and had that look on his face the entire time."

"And thats your proof that he likes me?" I ask. "Thats a little bit of a long shop."

"Yes. Yes it is." He answers confidently. 

"I'm going to need more proof then that." I shrug handing the picture back. 

"Alright fine,  just wait until one of you cracks and you see the song he wrote for you. I actually don't know if its for you or about you. It might be both. I don't know, I haven't actually heard it."

"So how do you know its for me or about me?" I ask again. 

"Trust me, I know." 

—————

"Oh wow, I thought I was going to be late." I said walking in the door of the studio, surprised to see Luke there by himself. "Is everyone else coming?"