Chapter 33

Friday, February 7th, 1995

(Luke's POV)

"Hey partner in song writing." I say to Tegan as I walked into the studio after school. 

"Hey." She laughs, looking up from her guitar and notebook. 

"What are you up to?" I ask sitting on the couch with her. 

"Nothing much. I got bored so I've been fooling around with some melody's and strum patterns." She shrugs. "I'm just waiting for everyone else to get here."

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I ask. 

"Uh, nothing." She answers.

"Afternoon!" Reggie yells bursting through the door.

"Why would you play Never Be before Now or Never!" Bobby says to Alex.

"And in what world would you play Tripping Over Air and Bad Romance back to back!" Alex yells back.

"Yeah, so these two have been arguing for at least five blocks." Reggie groans.

"So we still aren't finished arguing about the set list, even thought we get to play all our songs?" Tegan asks.

"We wouldn't be arguing if Alex didn't want to play Never Be, before Now or Never!" Bobby adds.

"I love you guys, but you all are exhausting." Tegan says. The other three sat down with us. "We have some work to do so, where do we start?"

"Well, Alex! I think..."

—————

"Well that took forever." Tegan sighs, after two hours of arguing, we finally had put out songs in order. Everyone had left except the two of us.

"I mean, us arguing means our songs are just so good we can't decide between the two." I put my guitar back in its case.

"I guess, yeah thats a really good way to put it!" She agrees. "Oh my gosh, you were saying something, you know before Reggie burst in with Alex and Bobby arguing, what's up?"

"Oh, yeah. Right, what are you doing tomorrow?" I ask. 

"As of right now, nothing." She shakes her head. "Why, what are you thinking?"

"Well I don't really want to tell you, a whole lot about it." I took out a piece of paper I had written an address on, and passed it to her. "Here."

"What this?" She asks.

"The place that I think you should meet me tomorrow." I answer. "Say right before nine AM?"

"Where exactly do you want me to meet you, that is so secretive you can't tell me?" She chuckles.

"It not far from the guitar shop we went to, but it's this little coffee shop." I say. 

"Coffee? You like coffee?" She asks.

"No, actually." I laugh. "I really despise coffee, but that's not why you're meeting me there."

"Okay, so you want me to meet you at a coffee shop, not for coffee?" She dropped the paper in her bag. 

"Yes. Yes I do." I nod. She was laughing because of how secretive I was and how confused she was.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

—————

Saturday, February 8th, 1995

(Tegan's POV)

I eventually did agree to meet Luke at this 'Coffee Shop' for something other than coffee. Though I was confused I was very intrigued at what he was scheming up this time. Just a block away from the guitar shop was the tiny coffee shop, just like Luke said. He wasn't at any of the few tables that were there, but I was early.