Chap_10. Mama's Boy

...Khushi's POV...

When Arnav got asking me for my address, I got thinking about what to do. Akash wouldn't like it for sure if anyone from college got to know about my living in his place. 

He clearly said that on the first day of my college here. Should I just take a taxi! I wondered. So when Arnav got asking me the question, I replied thoughtlessly, “Both.” only to get him shocked.

But right then someone came in front of the car, I alert Arnav but it was late already. She got pushed off. We immediately got down from the car and ran towards her.

She was having trouble to get up. I got hold of her to help her getting up. I thought Arnav was going to do the same but to my utter surprise, he got few steps back. His expression turned to glaring one in no moment.

I was getting all confused but giving that thought a break, I turned to the woman and spoke up, "Aunty, are you okay? We are sorry. We didn't"

Interrupting me in between, she spoke up with a little bit of smile, "It's okay dear. It happens."

Hearing her, I again spoke up, "Let's go to the hospital."

She replied immediately, "No, dear. It's not necessary. I am fine."

I turned to Arnav who was still glaring at that aunty. I uttered under my breath, "What's the matter with him!"

While glaring at some point he got near us and to my utter surprise, he took out his wallet and forwarded some money towards that aunt.

Shocked would be an understatement for me as he got uttering then on top of that, “For your treatment.”

That aunt and I both turned to Arnav with disbelieving eyes. Getting myself together, I managed to utter, “Arnav!”

But he didn't bother that and when that aunt didn't take that money, he just threw the money on her face and went away without even turning back for once.

I just got dumbfounded at the happening. I was hesitating to look at that aunt thinking she might yell at me but when she got uttering, “What did you say his name?”, I looked at her and got uttering, “Arnav, Arnav Greystone. I am sorry aunt for his behaviour. I don't know what happened to him to behave like this. I am sorry.”

She uttered somewhat weirdly, “Arnav Greystone! ”And when I gave her a questioning look as I asked her, “Do you know Arnav?”

She got somewhat startled and uttered immediately, “No” and stopping a taxi, she got in and went away.

I couldn't help muttering, "Strange!" But whatever the situation was, I was utterly angry at Arnav.

How could he do that! How could he throw money on someone's face even after getting her into an accident! Is just money everything to solve anything!

Thinking like this, I turned to the bundle of notes that falling on the road. I took that money and forwarded towards my place with a mind to give the money back to Arnav and knock some sense into him.

When I reached home, Akash was taking his lunch. He turned to me for once and then again concentrated on his food.

I got upstairs and taking a quick shower, I got dressed and got downstairs. But Akash was already done with his lunch by that time. I wanted to talk to him but..

Leaving that thought at rest, I also took my lunch and got upstairs. I called Arnav but got no response. Then I called Aunt Jiana and kept talking to her for some time.

After that I again called Arnav but still got no response. Giving the happening a thought, I started feeling something was odd with both of them.

Arnav and that Aunt...

Something was off between them.

Arnav's POV

Seeing that woman after all this time, at first, I got shocked and then the memory hit my mind only to get the wound alive.

Uttered mixed of emotions got arisen in me. I was hurt but on top of that, I just felt one strong emotion within me.
Hatred. Hatred for her.

She was uttering her sugar coating words which got me agitated like no more. I forwarded some money her but when she stayed still without taking that, I just towards her threw the money on her face and left from there leaving her behind.

I got into my car and drove towards my place at a great speed. Getting back to my place, I forwarded towards the gym to let out my emotions, my anger, my frustration.

After doing some exercise like a maniac, I started punching the punching bag with all the energy left in me. Soon blood started oozing out my hand but I couldn't get to stop as my childhood days started flashing in front of my eyes. 

~~~~

Ours was an all-happy family. Mom, Dad and me. They used to love me dearly. So was I but more than Dad, I loved Mom. My world used to revolve around her to the point that I was called Mama's boy.

The business of Dad suddenly got doomed because of his PA Deepali. She betrayed Dad and behind his back, she leaked all the confidential information of the projects.

Mom was supposed to help Dad to get over the worse phase of our life. At least I thought that. I thought one day everything would be fine like earlier.

But no.

With time the situation got worse to the worst and my Mom started keeping a distance from me and Dad.

I didn't have the slightest idea how Dad was feeling. Neither he was being able to convince Mom nor me. I was all clueless until that day when my Mom all of a sudden talked about divorce to Dad .

I was right there. My mom, that woman who was the sweetest person to me who never even got angry with me started beating me whenever I tried to whining for something like earlier.

I kept shedding tears facing the new behavior of Mom. Dad was there with me then trying to console me. But all I kept blaming Dad for being unable to get us back to earlier days.

Dad kept begging mom to give him a chance and some time but nothing worked.

Then after almost one month, Mom left us. She just left with her new lover. I was right there but she..

She didn't even bother to look back at me for once. My world got changed in the worst possible way.

That day I witnessed the worst vulnerable condition of Dad. He was sitting on the floor, messy hair, red eyes and crying in the middle of the room.

From that day mom was already dead for me. I started hating women like no more.

~~~

The sight of that woman got me to go through the bitter memories of my childhood once again which I wanted the least.

At some point of punching, I felt like the energy of me got drained out making me fall on the floor panting hard.

And my mind got uttering, "I hate you, mom. I just hate you."

~~☘☘~~

Do share your thoughts...