𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ғɪɢʜᴛs

TW; mentions of eating disorder (?)

The Chief sat alone in a room with Gar as he spoke to the boy.

"You are risking everything bringing someone here. Let alone three. It could destroy this family. Is that what you want?"

"No, sir."

"I have only asked for one thing from you over the years. What is it?" The man asks.

"To trust you." Gar answered.

"I'm very disappointed in you, Garfield. Cliff, Larry and Rita, they cannot go where you can. If we get discovered, they will end up locked away, like Rita once was. Experimented on, tortured. You are an incredibly selfish boy." It was clear he was manipulating Gar, having so much control over him.

Daniel could hear it as he stood outside of the door. He wanted to talk to Gar, tell him he and Julie had to leave soon. But he had accidentally heard their conversation and just couldn't leave.

"Never disobey me again." The man sternly states.

"Yes, sir." The Chief then sighed, taking a moment to gather his words.

"Garfield, I'm sorry I had to be so stern. You know how much I care about you and the others, don't you?" Gar only glanced at him with a mere nod. "Good. Now, tell me. When this girl touched our new patient, she healed her. What else is she capable of?" Gar just didn't say anything, afraid he might do something bad to her. "I can help her, Garfield. Tell me."

"Did you hear about the explosion at the convent?" Gar asks making the man nod. "It was her. She said she did it." The Chief nodded in understanding, knowing something about her, but his mind went to the gust of wind and the green blur, the teen boy standing above.

"We'll talk about her later. Your other friends, the other boy and girl. They can do something, right? What is it?" He questions making Gar hesitate.

"Well, Julie.. She could run fast. She ran somewhere while we were eating and came back in a flash... I'm pretty sure she's a speedster. And, Dani, he could.." Gar trailed, depending whether or not he should say it.

"He could what, Garfield?"

"He can move stuff. With his mind, I think. He has telekinesis. He moved a big thing of gravy with his eyes." Gar saw his posture change the more he explained, causing him to stop.

Daniel wanted to intervene. to say something. but he just couldn't. He gulped down the fact he promised Julie they could leave, but now he realized he couldn't leave Gar with this man. Gar needed help. He was being manipulated, and he couldn't have that.

 He was being manipulated, and he couldn't have that

"I didn't mean to be any trouble. I'm sorry." Rachel apologized as they all sat back at the table.

"Don't be sorry. You helped us save that young woman's life, and we are very grateful for it." He reassured as he had swapped places with Rita, sitting between Rachel and Rita. "You were a surprise to me. That's all."