𝐓𝐖𝐎 ᴏʟᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs

Middleburg Heights, Ohio.

"Thank you." Dick said to the waitress that placed four mugs down. He sat in a booth with Rachel in front of him, Daniel to her left. Julie sat on Dick's right, her back against the wall with her legs up. "You want a hot chocolate or something?" Dick asks with the raise of his brows.

"Just coffee. Black." Rachel answered.

"I bet they have marshmallows." Dick joked, receiving weird looks from his younger siblings.

"I'm not a kid, okay?" Rachel snapped ever so slightly. Dick nodded and looked up at the waitress.

"Okay. Same for the lady." Dick looked over at Daniel while the waitress poured the coffee in the the girl's mug.

"Same as hers." He says, nodding towards Rachel and the waitress complied. Dick sighed and looked back up at her.

"You have any apple juice?" He questioned. The woman nodded making him tell her to fill Julie's mug with it.

The waitress soon walked off, leaving the four as Dick took a drink of his coffee in silence.

"My mom didn't like me to drink coffee." Rachel said, grabbing the bottle of sugar next to her as she poured it in her cup. Dick chuckled making her look up.

"Sweet tooth, huh?" Dick asked, but Rachel ignored him and put it down and grabbed a nearby spoon as she started to mix it, while Daniel just drank his straight from how it was. "Rachel," Dick spoke up, breaking the silence. "has anything like.." Rachel took a drink of her sugar coated coffee whilst Dick continued. "Like what happened, ever happened before?" Dick didn't know how to word it.

"No. Not like that." Rachel answered. "I didn't mean to kill that guy."

"How did you kill that guy?" Dick asked. Rachel didn't even know the answer as she just took another sip. Daniel and Julie just raised their brows, wondering what happened when they were outside.

"You killed a man?" Julie questions, causing Rachel to glance at her, but she was overall ignored.

"We're gonna go see some old friends of ours. They're safe. They'll give us a place to lie low for a second, get our heads together, figure out what to do next." Dick explained, yet Rachel just looked down.

"Look, you're scared. We all get it. But sometimes, there's no time to be scared." Julie chimed in. There was something oddly comforting about the way she spoke to Rachel. Rachel wasn't sure what, but it did make her stare at Julie a bit.

"Hey. No one's gonna get you." Daniel also joined in the conversation.

"Daniel's right. Okay? I promise." Dick assured which made Rachel look at him slowly.

"Where else am I going anyway?" Rachel asked, it turned into a silence as she continued to drink her coffee.