KENDRA!

Because it's eleven months in the year before Christmas. You tend to forget how hectic Christmas is. If you think I was running around in Kingston like a chicken without head. Pineapple Ocho Rois is worst, reach Ochi town eight forty something.

Call mommy she had me pick up some top shelf liquor she had order from a liquor store. Just has I was about to head out. She call again saying two of har friends cah get drive to cum up to Pineapple I should pick dem up.

Now mi a proppa proppa taxi driver running from Ochi town to Pineapple...one and move.

COOL!

For a split second I forgot when Christmas nights look like in Pineapple. Before reaching the square all you see is people left, right and center.
You can hear the bass from the sound system miles away. Upon reaching the square sit my mother shop. The largest shop in the community, sitting alongside it is three other shop two medium and a small one.

My father made sure his wife and kids were covered...properly.

Every Christmas and on some public holiday mommy come together with the other shop keepers to throw a huge street dance. Hence the crowd tonight, people from all walks of life come to celebrate Christmas with Charmaine and the other in the square.

After finding somewhere to park...I push through crowd of people to get to my house that sits right next to the shop. Upon reaching my house I went on the hunt for my family. Find my brother on the veranda with a dark skin girl, his girlfriend i think and the excitement begins.

"Look pan mi baby sista, Life gree wid yuh."

"Kins cut di crap mi see yuh less dan five months ago." I hug him.

"A long time mi nuh see yuh ...dat long."

"Yuh look really good...and pretty"

"Thanks bro. Foreign nuh treat yuh bad a tall." I joke.

"Cum here." He hugs me again.

"Fuck mi miss yuh."

"I miss you more." My voice comes out shaky. We talk everyday or every other day, but damn man seeing him in person hits differently.

Gathering ourselves he pull away. "This is my girlfriend Jessica. Jessica this my baby sister Kendra."

"Nice to meet you." She says giving me a friendly hug.

"I heard so much about you."

"Likewise." I hug her back. I have never heard about her a day in my life. I was referring to meeting her. But oh hell it's Christmas so why not make everyone feel good...and welcome.

Next I greet my mom two sisters that flew in as well. Said their sons are somewhere around the place. They are around my age or little old suh a gal time now. We have a full house. When you don't see Charmaine in Jamaica. Just know she on a island or visiting her brothers, sisters or Kins. She's big on the whole family thing. Always say lifes is too short not to spend time together. That's why I appreciate the toll, cause I can come home whenever in a blink of an eye.

"Yuh round eeh." I hear from behind.

"Merry Christmas to you to mommy." I answer turing around as she give me the tightest hug laughing.

"A weh yuh a big a good? It fix yuh though."

"Dat mi a say to." Kins says.

"Yuh look good man...like Christmas. Yuh couldn't buy two a dem pant wah. Mi like it." She say letting go off me.

"Mommy."

"Yuh eat?"

"Not even memba dat. All ova di place from morning."

"Mi think yuh tun back ...and yuh cah bruck down dem yah strang body yah enuh."

"One day nah kill mi." I laugh.

"And mi almost tun back, see yuh cum tek mi fi taxi."

She laugh. "Why yuh stay suh... yuh nuh see a Christmas. Mi ago share sum food fi yuh."

"Weh yuh tings?."

"Yuh see di crowd mommy? "

"Massa God. Bigga dan last year."

"Mi di all waah change, but mi nuh know. "

"Mi see yuh love unnecessary stress. Wah wrong with yuh clothes "

I smile ...my mommy, I really wanted to wear a purplish pink minidress I bought, but look like it's for another event.

"Kins get one a yuh cousin and empty out Kendra car. Gi him di key deh." I laugh and shake my head...this is the life.

Meet and greet and meet and greet some more. Help mommy here and there. Never get to heat up my food until after eleven and finally get to sit down to eat.

A few minutes ago though before I came inside. I saw Lans and I know he's here.

Fuck Me.
_________________________________________
Slowly introducing everyone. Plus it's a celebration when they all link up.

And den dah party yah loud enuh dawg di vibes shot 🎶🎶

Thank you for reading.