005: Locked In

The morning after the avengers found out about the accords, Aria walks down stairs, backpack over one shoulder

"Dad? Where's Happy? He's meant to be taking me to school." Aria asks.
"I've giving him the day off." Tony tells her.
"So who's taking me to school?" Aria asks.
"Your not going to school sweetie." Tony informs her.
"Why?" Aria asks.
"Secretary Ross' orders." Tony answers.
Aria scoffs, slightly annoyed and slightly upset and hurt. Right when she was settling in to this new world, everything changes once again.

~~~~~

Steve had gone to England for Peggy's funeral, Sam had gone with him and Natasha had gone to Vienna to sign the Accords. So far Natasha, Tony, Rhodey and Vision had signed. Clint Barton has said he was retired, Steve and Sam decided not to, and Wanda and Aria were still deciding. After staying in her room for a few hours, Aria comes down to see the members of the team, who were still at the tower, watching the news.
"What's going on?" Aria asks, walking over and standing next to her father.
'A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More then 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officals have released a video of a suspect, who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the winter soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent linked to numerous acts or terrorism and political assassinations.'
"Isn't that Rodgers friend?" Rhodey asks.
"Your not saying he had something to do with it, are you?" Aria asks, crossing her arms at the tone of her uncles voice.
"Just saying we can't rule it out." Rhodey says, causing Aria to scoff.
Aria's phone then goes off and she sees it was Gwen calling her.
"I've got to take this." Aria says, before walking away from the group.
"Hey, where are you? I've been looking for you all day at school." Gwen asks, as Aria sits on the stairs.
"Family emergency." Aria answers.
"Everything okay?" Gwen asks.
"My... uhm... my grandma's not doing well. Doctors don't think she's going to make it." Aria answers.
"Oh, Ari, I'm so sorry." Gwen says.
"It's okay." Aria says, tearing up slightly. "How's school going?"
"It's okay. Me, Peter and Ned were just worried about you, their walking around the corridors looking for you and I told them I would call you. But if you're not in I'll tell them to call off the man hunt." Gwen says, causing Aria to lightly laugh.
"Thanks, Gwen." Aria says, before another call comes through. She looks to see Steve. "I have to go, I'm getting another call I need to take. Can I call you back later?"
"Of course. I'm always only a phone call away if you need anything." Gwen tells her.
"Thanks." Aria says. "Love you, bye."
"Love you to, Ari. Bye." Gwen says.
Aria then hangs up on Gwen before answer Steve.
"Please don't tell me you had anything to do with the attack in Vienna." Aria says.
"Hello to you to, Ari." Steve says. "And no, of course I didn't."
"Well, Rhodey, doesn't seem to think the same." Aria says.
"Listen, none of that matters right now. Are you okay?" Steve asks.
"Other then not being able to go to school, everything is great." Aria says, sarcastically.
"Just stay out of trouble, try and stay on the low. This will all pass over soon." Steve says. "It always does."
"I love how optimistic you are Steve." Aria says.
"I kind of have to be." Steve says. "Listen, I got to go. Call me if you need anything, okay?"
Aria nods, even though he couldn't see her.
"Stay out of trouble okay. I really don't want to be visiting you when your behind bars." Aria says.
"You'll never have to do that." Steve tells her. "I promise. I'll see you soon. Okay?"
"See you soon." Aria replies, with a sigh.
Steve then hangs up and Aria pulls the phone from her ear.
Aria knew she had to make a decision soon. In fact she knew she already had, she just didn't know if it was the right one.

~~~~~

Late the same evening, Aria snuck into her dad lab. She turned on the light, before walking over to a computer and actvating F.R.I.D.A.Y.
"Hello, Miss Stark. Up late aren't we?" F.R.I.D.A.Y asks.
"I don't have time to talk F.R.I.D.A.Y. Find out where Steve Rodgers is." Aria says.
F.R.I.D.A.Y takes a couple meoments before speaking up again.
"Steve Rodgers has just landed it Vienna with Sharon Cater and Sam Wilson." F.R.I.D.A.Y tells her.
"Can you send a live feed of his location to my phone?" Aria asks.
"Right away, Miss Stark." F.R.I.D.A.Y replies.
"Oh and F.R.I.D.A.Y..." Aria starts. "Don't tell my dad about this."

~~~~~

"Miss Stark, everyone is out of the house and your private jet is here." F.R.I.D.A.Y tells Aria.
Aria turns away from the window as she pulls her hood over her head and sunglasses over her eyes.
"Thanks F.R.I.D.A.Y." Aria says, grabbing her bag. "See you soon."
"Good luck, Miss Stark." F.R.I.D.A.Y says.
Aria then leaves her room. She checks around to check no one was around before heading up to the helipad. Aria climbs into the private jet, moving her sunglasses ontop of her head as someone walks over to her.
"Are we taking you to your father, Miss Stark?" They asks.
"No. Tell the pilot Vienna please."