009: Getting Into

Queens, New York

Queens, New York...

Peter Parker walks into his apartment where him and his aunt live. He had a keyboard in his hand, as he uses his free hand to take his headphones out.
"Hey, May." Peter calls out to his Aunt who was sat on the sofa.
"Mmm. Hey." May replies. "How was school today? Was Aria back in?"
"It was okay. Aria's still not back in. In fact me, Ned and Gwen haven't heard from her in a few days now." Peter says. "There's this crazy car parked outside."
Peter freezes when he sees Tony Stark sat on the couch with May.
"Oh, Mr parker." Tony says.
"Uhm... Wha... What are you doing... Hey, uh... I'm... I'm Peter." Peter says.
"Tony." tony replies.
"What are... What are you doing here?" Peter asks.
"It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails, right?" Tony says, before winking.
"Yeah. Yeah." Peter says.
"Right?" Tony asks again.
"Regarding the..." Peter starts.
"You didn't tell me about the grant." May says.
"About the grant." Peter says.
"The September Foundation." Tony says. "Remember when you applied?"
"Yeah." Peter says.
"I approved, so now we're in busniess." Tony says.
"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?" May asks.
"I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... anyway, what did I apply for?" Peter asks.
"That's what I'm here to hash out." Tony says.
"Oay, hash it out, okay." Peter says.
"It is so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony says.
"Yeah, well, we come in all shape and sizes, you know." May says.
"this walnut date loaf is exepctional." Tony says.
"Let me just stop you there. Is this grant got money involved or whatever? No?" Peter asks.
"yeah, it's pretty well funded." Tony says.
"Yeah? Wow." Peter says.
"Look who you're talking to." Tony says before turing to May. "Can I have five minutes with him?"
"Sure." May says.
Tony stands up walking towards Peter's room. Peter gives May an unsure look before following Tony.

Once they were both in Peter's bedroom, Tony locks the door before spitting the Walnut date loaf into the bin.
"As walnut date loafs go, that wasn't bad." Tony says. "Whoa, what do we have here, retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvastion army?"
"Uh, the garbage actually." Peter says.
"You're a dupster diver?" Tony asks.
"Yeah, I was, anyway look. I definitely did not apply for your grant." Peter says.
"Ah-ah. Me first. Quick question of rhetorical variety." Tony says, before showing Peter a video of the new superhero Spiderman, who had recently show up. "That's you right?"
"Um, no. What... what do you mean?" Peter asks.
"Yeah." Tony says before showing him another video. "Look at you go. Wow! Nice catch. 3,000 pounds. 40 mile an hour. That's not easy. You got mad skills."
"That's all on youtube though, right?" Peter asks. "That's where you found that, right? Because you know that's all fake. It's all done on a computer. It's like that video, what is it?"
"Yeah, oh, you mean like those UFOs over phoenix?" Tony asks before poking the door in the cieling with a stick, causing Peters spider man costume to fall down, before Peter jumps across, grabbing it and throwing it in his closet. "Oh, look what we have here. So, you're the spider- ling. Crime fighting spider. You're Spider boy?"
"Spider-Man." Peter says.
"Not in that onesie you're not." Tony says.
"It's not a onesie." Peter says. "I don't believe this, I was actually having a really good day, Mr Stark. Didn't miss my train, this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there and Algebra test. Nailed it. Only thing that could be better is if my best friend answered my calls."
"Who else knows? Anybody?" Tony asks.
"Nobody." Peter says.
"Not even your unusally attrective aunt?" Tony asks.
"No, no, no. No, if she knew, she would freak out." Peter says. "And when she freaks out. I freak out."
"Not even your friend Aria?" Tony asks.
"Espeically not her." Peter says. "If she found out she would hate me. And I really don't want that to happen."
"You know what I think is really cool? This webbing." Tony says, throwing Peter's webbing at him, causing Peter to catch it without looking. "That tensiel strength is off the charts. Who manufacted that?"
"I did." Peter says, throwing the webbing into the wall.
"Climbing walls, how you doing that?" Tony asks, looking at Peter's suit. "Adhesive gloves?"
"It's a long story." Peter says. "I was..."
"Lordy! Can you even see in these?" Tony asks, putting the eye goggles over his eyes.
"Yes, I can." Peter says, taking the suit off Tony and putting it in his closet. "I can see in those. It's just that when whatever happened, happened it's like my sense have been dialed to 11. There's way to much input, so they just kinda help me focus."
"You're in dire need of an upgrade." Tony tells him. "Systemic, top to bottom. hundred- point restoration. That's why I'm here. Why are you doing this? I gotta know. What's your MO. What gets you outta that twin bed in the morning?"
"Because... Because I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for six months. I read books, I build computers. And Yeah, I would love to play football, but I couldn't then, so I shouldn't now." Peter says.
"Sure. Because your different." Tony says.
"Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not." Peter says. "When you do the things I can but you don't... and then the bad things happen... they happen because of you."
"So you wanna look out for the little guy, you wanna do your part?" Tony asks. "Make the world a better place, all that, right?"
"Yeah, yeah. Just looking out for the little guy." Peter says. "That's what it is."
Tony gets up and walks towards the bed, where Peter was sat on.
"I'm gonna sit here, so you move the leg." Tony says, causing Peter to turn round to sit facing forward. Tony then sits down and places a hand on Peter's shoulder. "You got a passport?"
"No, I don't even have a driving license." Peter says.
"You ever been to Germany?" Tony asks.
"No." Peter answers.
"Oh, you'll love it." Tony says.
"I can't go to Germany." Peter says.
"Why?" Tony asks.
"I got homework." Peter says.
"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that." Tony says.
"No, I'm being serious. I can't just drop out of school." Peter says.
"Might be a little dangerous. Better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you on a field trip." Tony says.
Tony grabs the door handle but Peter shoots a web at his hand.
"Don't tell Aunt May." Peter says.
"Al; right, Spider-Man." Tony says. "Get me out of this."
"Sorry, I'll get the stuff." Peter says.

~~~~~

Berlin, Germany...

Aria was leaning against the car that Steve had managed to steal. Bucky and Sam were sat in the car, while Aria and Steve stood outside it waiting for Sharon to arrive.
"You doing okay there?" Aria asks.
"I'm good. Are you?" Steve asks.
"I'm good." Aria says, smiling at Steve as he looks down. "What's up?"
"I just feel bad. You shouldn't be involved in this." Steve says.
"You didn't force me to be here. You didn't even ask. I volunteered." Aria says. "I'm okay, Steve. I know what I'm doing."

Aria knew what was going on. She knew what was going to happen and how all this was going to end. But she wasn't on Steve's side last time. She was on her fathers. She hoped this could change the outcomes. But did she really know what she was getting herself into?