016: What's Coming

Aria and Tony arrive back at the compound and get out of the car

Aria and Tony arrive back at the compound and get out of the car. They look at the avengers sign. Both letting out a sigh, before heading inside.
Tony goes to check on Rhodey and Aria heads to the living room where Peter and Vision were.
"Hey! Your back!" Peter says, a hint of relief in his voice.
"I'm back." Aria repeats, as Peter goes over and hugs her.
"What happened?" Peter asks pulling away.
"It's a long story." Aria says.
"I've got time." Peter says, causing Aria to laugh.
She then spots Tony helping Rhodey, who had robotic knee braces on to walk.
"Just give me a minute." Aria says, before leaving Peter.
"This is just a first pass. Give me some feedback, anything you can think of." Tony tells Rhodey. "Shock absorption, lateral movement. Cup holder?"
"You may want to think about some AC down in..." Rhodey says, cutting himself off as he falls.
"Here. Give me your hand." Tony says.
"No, no, don't help me." Rhodey tells him, before getting into a sitting position which is when he sees Aria. "Hey, you."
"Hey, Uncle Rhodey." Aria says. "Listen, about everything that's happened. I'm am so..."
"You don't need to apologise, Ari. It's not your fault." Rhodey tells her.
Aria smiles before sitting down on the floor with her dad and uncle.
"How are you doing?" Aria asks.
"I'm okay." Rhodey says before sighing. "138. 138 combat missions. That's how many I've flown. Everyone of them could have been my last, but I flew them. 'Cause a fight needed to be fought. It's the same with these accords. I signed because it was the right thing to do. And yeah, this sucks. This is, uh... it's a bad beat. But it hasn't changed my mind. I don't think."
Tony and Aria then help Rhodey up before there was a knock on the window. The trio look to see a FedEx delivery person.
"Are you Tony Stank?" The person asks.
"Yes, this is Tony Stank. You're in the right place." Rhodey says, as Aria laughs. "Thank you for that! Never dropping that, by the way. Table for one, for Mr Stank. By the bathroom."
Aria laughs again, patting her father in the shoulder, before walking back to Peter.

~~~~~

Two days. That's how long it had been since Steve and Bucky had gone on the run. The last time anyone had seen either of them was when Steve broke Clint, Sam, Wanda and Scott out of the raft. After the fight in Siberia between Aria, Tony, Steve and Bucky, Aria was offically able to use her powers again, though she didn't use them that much.
Aria was also going back to school that day. She walked into the building and over to her locker. Moments after she opened her locker Gwen ran up and hugged her.
"Where have you been? I've missed you like mad! Don't ever leave again!" Gwen says, pulling away.
"I know. I'm sorry. There was just a lot going on." Aria says.
"Yo. Aria! You're back!" Ned says, as him and Peter walk over to the two girls.
"Hey Ned." Aria replies, before looking over at Peter as the two share an awkward look.
The two hadn't really talked much since their kiss. Aria had explained everything that went down in Siberia, but then Peter had to go home and the two haven't talked since.
"You two are hiding something. Come on. Spill." Ned says, causing Aria and Peter to awkwardly laugh.
"What? No we're not." Aria says, closing her locker, just as the bell goes. "Meet at lunch?"
"Obviously." Gwen says.
"Okay. See you guys." Aria says, before walking away.

~~~~~

Aria was sat on a bench outside the compound. She knew she had survived this once, but she didn't know if she would be able to again. She had lost her family twice, and this time she didn't know if they would come back.
"Hey." Aria looks up to see Tony sitting down next to her. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm okay." Aria replies, with a sigh.
"I know what you're thinking." Tony says. "But we'll get through this, I promise you. Okay?"
Aria nods.
"Okay." Aria says.
"I love you, sweetheart." Tony says, rubbing Aria's cheek with his thumb, causing her to smile with tears in her eyes.
"I love you to, dad." Aria says, before hugging him from the side.
Tony wraps his arms around his daughter, kissing her forehead as the two stayed there for a little while.
Aria knew what was coming their way. And it killed her not to tell anyone. But no one would believe her. Not until she was sure of what had happened to her.