Chapter 20: A New Alliance

Twelve humans

The way they all fought.

Japan hissed when his katana was deflected by the Thing's huge claw, but he quickly used his talisman to protect him and his closest friends when it shot another round of purple balls of energy. He didn't miss a beat, instantly dispelling the barrier to let China and Russia attack.

The way they moved.

France instantly dodged and spun around to slash at the other Thing in front of him, eyes narrowed when he got its side and blood splattered on his clothes. He didn't care, he just yelled at his best friends to take action at once, with America, Canada and England as support.

The way they could withstand the pain from battle.

Too bad that Prussia and Spain got knocked back and were slammed against the wall all the way across the hall. Grunting, Prussia rubbed his head, sure his skull was cracked opened this time. He glanced to his side, only to pale.

"Oi...Spain?" he tried to say when he saw the Spanish nation unconscious, bleeding from the head.

The way they all reacted.

Seeing the fallen nation, Italy quickly ran up to him, praying it wasn't too late. Germany quickly flogged at the Thing when it tried to attack the Italian, with Romano quickly shooting it in the knees before following his brother.

All of this...All of this!

They all roared with fury, frustration fuelling their power as they dealt blows after blows against the Things. What France said before the battle was correct. They were too used to this. Fighting and knowing when to make their moves, withstand the pain before quickly getting back up to counter the incoming attacks. This should have taken them many years to get used to, but on the day they all step foot into this mansion, or coming back once again, they were all accustomed already. How many times did Italy have to do this for them to insure they all escape...and watch them die whenever they failed?

"Goddammit!" America shouted when he ran out of bullets, yet reloaded at high speed. He had no time to admire how fast he was because he was too busy to trigger happy the Thing in front of him while England worked on his spell. The Briton and the Canadian understood, he hated failing everyone around him, and to find out everything Italy said was real.

"Spain! Wake up!" Prussia yelled desperately, shaking the brunet by the shoulders. He didn't want this. Not like this. He just came to save him.

"Veneciano..." Romano whispered, but Italy took action at once.

"Don't worry," he summoned the power from his journal. "I won't let him die. Riavvolgere!"

The bloody wounds on Spain healed instantly, with him taking a shaky breathe of life once he woke up. Both Prussia and Romano sighed in relief, but they had no time for that now, they had to continue.

"Dammit," Romano readied his rifle and joined America in the shooting frenzy. Italy stared after him, amazed he could still fight compared to Spain. But he was not going to be outdone by his older brother.

Toegther, the Things began to mutter. When he heard it, Japan quickly drew out his talismans and threw them into the air, shouting the incantations for the barrier to protect everyone faster than the Things. Lightning struck everywhere, but no one was harmed, and Japan quickly dispersed them, just as Italy shouted, "Fretta!"

A huge power surged inside everyone, bringing their adrenaline at its peak. Knowing Italy had given them all a chance and trusting them, they all rushed in to give the final blows to the unexpected Things.