Chapter 18: How many times everybody was together?

How many times everybody was together?

The iron door opened without a sound, letting the nations creep in silently. Japan, after regaining enough of his strength, was walking at front with the rest of the group following behind. He focused his eyes at the trap door above the stairs, going over the conversation they had earlier.

~.~.~.~.~

"Will he say anything?"

Japan blinked and looked up, staring at the back of the Russian's head. Russia was nice enough to carry him on his back while England and Canada supported America (Kumajirou was also on Canada's back). Japan had his face buried into Russia's scarf and almost fell asleep if the big nation didn't say anything.

"What do you mean?" England asked.

"Well," Russia turned to everyone, with Japan watching him silently, "if what America and Japan said is true, that we have been coming here again and again without knowing it, that means we need confirmation. Sadly, only Italy knows anything about it. And if we try to say we know, he might deny it and continue to insist those memories are fake." He sighed and looked at Japan. "Will he say anything?"

Everyone stood in silence. Canada shook his head. "We can't ask him now! He lost his memories!"

"But slowly regaining them," Russia reminded him. "We can ask him what he knows any time we want. But the thing is..."

"Will he say anything," Japan repeated with a sigh. "In the vision...I mean the past, he told us what happened easily. But that might only be because it was the second world and we were all alive." Japan looked away as a horrible feeling washed over him. "It might not be as easy anymore. We are still stuck and repeating this event again and again, he must have hardened up to become what he is today."

England gasped, green eyes wide. "Of course...with the way he acts and keeping his distance from us, those are symptoms on what happens to the ones repeating time endlessly!"

"What? You serious?" America gawked at the British nation.

"You should know, didn't you and Japan watched that weird anime with a little girl repeating time to save someone?"

"Are you talking about Higurashi or Madoka?"

"Anyway!" Japan cut in. "I don't really care if Italy-kun tell us anything or not, because if he does us," he paused as he watched them, "then what?"

Everyone looked at him. "What do you mean?"

Japan tapped his fingers on Russia's shoulders, trying to think of how to say it. America stared at him and nodded. "Are we only asking for what is going on? What about his feelings?" Japan nodded at him. "Yeah, I get ya. If he did repeat time...and keep on watching us die, it would be quite hard for him to spill everything...God," he hissed in a loathing manner. "I am such an asshole for even thinking about forcing it out of him."

"You're not the only one," England and Canada reminded him.

"I really want him to tell us, but it would be difficult...it is a very delicate topic which he might never be willing to tell us." Japan blinked at this. No wait, that was not true. There was a time when Italy wanted to say something to him, but couldn't, wouldn't. Maybe if he tried saying those words again, in a more clearer phrase...but would his words be enough?

"I feel really bad," Canada murmured. Kumajirou pawed at his face. "We would be insensitive to ask him. We're the ones he tried to protect...and he's doing it by himself..."