Chapter 13: 1:13am

1:13am

"So, what did you want to tell me, Japan?"

The sun's setting light shown down upon both America and Japan in the tunnel. The raven haired man eyed the young nation before him, taking in how he looked. A little bit of a mess, might some bruises under his clothes from fighting the Thingearlier, but the Japanese nation wasn't sure. America still had his dynamic aura around him, and would be able to fight in any condition.

"You still have much strength left, don't you?" Japan asked, a serious look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm still a lot stronger than you guys," America rolled his shoulders back for a second, before suddenly letting out a few quick punches.

Japan closed his eyes, smiling. "In that case..." he began before looking up at America, in confidence and trust, "Why don't you try being a Hero?"

At this, America's eyes gleamed. "Wow, now that's an interesting idea! Tell me more!"

~.~.~.~.~

After leaving the Axis alone in the cell room, America's excitement suddenly turned solemn, catching everybody off guard. He had China quickly check for his injures. Luckily, they weren't as serious as he thought; there were no open cut wounds present, only large bruises. After having to strip and let the eldest man rub some smelly herbal ointments on his back, America spoke quickly of what he was really planning to do before dragging England into another room, and telling everyone else to prepare themselves. Once they were alone, America didn't waste a second and ordered his former brother to quickly gather up all the magic powers he had.

England wasn't really happy about America's attitude. But he was also curious as to why the other blond suddenly demanded to see his magic. Not wanting to lose face, England took out his grimoire and concentrated his powers into it, summoning them. Unbeknownst to him, America was watching intently on England's every move.

It took a while, but light surrounded the British nation, his entire being glowing as he held onto all his powers tightly. However, it was getting tiring, and fast too, so he had to stop at once or he would experience the pain again.

"Bugger!" he gasped after finally able to catch his breath, collapsing onto his knees. "Just as I thought, I can't use my powers fully!"

America didn't say anything, much to England's surprise. The English gentleman looked up, and saw America only staring at him blankly, arms crossed and nothing else.

"England," he finally said, the tone in his voice didn't sound natural at all.

"Wh-What?"

"You can only stop the Thing for two seconds if you summon all your powers now?" England's temper suddenly flared up, and he stood on his feet to get right into America's face.

"Shut up! Don't make that sullen face like Japan did!" he shouted angrily. "You don't really believe me, do you? You still think I'm strange..."

America's expression didn't change as he pushed the other man back. "So? Can't you try doing better than that?"

England glared at him, not sure why America wasn't cracking one of his unfunny jokes about him at the moment. His personality didn't sound right. "I don't know," he admitted, looking away in defeat. "If you want to defeat it that badly, I can get more serious and hold on for a bit longer. But I might pass out right after. B-But still...I can try doing it in three seconds at most."