Chapter 17: How many times had he done this?

How many times had he done this?

"Kol kol kol," Russia laughed as he stabbed the mochi's cheek with his finger, watching it squirm under his gaze. "It's so pudgy! Just like America's face!"

"Out of my way! It's my turn to look at it!" America pushed himself in front of the Russian, both in eagerness and annoyance. Japan, England and Canada sweat dropped at how the aura around the American Hero overpowered Russia's dark aura, and the way his and the mochi's blue eyes sparkled. America made a loud impressing humming sound as he got closer and closer to its face. He finally broke out into a grin and gushed, "Have you guys ever seen such a revolutionary creature? It'sfantastic! Just look at it!"

"Can you two just pull it out already?" England rubbed the bridge of his nose. Before coming into the room, he was still uncomfortable with the amount of magical creatures' corpses occupying the room. He insisted he had to dispose of them, even though it might not allow them to completely rest in peace. It took a while, but he finally got all of them out of his very own sight.* Out of his sight, yes, but the feeling remained.

America gave them a heroic wink. "Leave it to me!" he grabbed the mochi's sides and began to pull, however, to everyone but Japan's surprise, it wouldn't budge. Frowning, the American pulled harder, grunting with the mochi's squeals.

Russia watched them with a smile. Quietly, he crept behind America, arms slowly wrapping around his torso before locking them tight. He let the American go 'Huh?' before yanking the blond back sharply, cackling at how he and the mochi screamed it was stretched all the way from one of the room to the other.

"AHHH! Stop it! You're going to rip it apart!" Japan and Canada cried in fear while England yelled at him. The Russian pouted at them, but let go, watching how America and the mochi snapped forward and slammed face first into the wall.

"It just wouldn't come out!" Russia said to them, humming as the others watch the crashed up American twitched from the impact. Canada was the first one to snap out of it and sat by his brother, looking at the mochi curiously.

"How did it get in there so tightly in the first place?" he wondered while patting the poor white blob gentle. The mochi cooed and nuzzled against the gesture.

"I'm more surprised that the Thing didn't kill it yet," England muttered from where he stood. "There must be something special about this creature."

"Maybe, but we might never know until we can get it out," Japan sighed, sitting by Canada to caress the mochi too. "Sorry, but we'll think of something. Just wait a little longer, okay?"

The mochi nodded its chubby face before they hid it behind the drawer again. America stared at where the mochi was, tapping his chin with his finger while in thought. "Well that went well."

"Is there anywhere else that was strange to you, Japan?" Russia asked. The raven haired man lowered his head, trying to think. To be honest, there were many rooms, so remembering all of them precisely was difficult. Where else was it was not searched thoroughly?

"Um...I think I know of a place," everyone turned to England in question, who was scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "It's just a feeling I had earlier and I'm not a hundred percent sure if there's anything in there, but I think we might as well have a look."

"Oh. Where?"

Everyone stared at the British nation, waiting for his answer. He was pursing his lips, gulping a lump in his throat, before answering.

"The crate in the cell room."

~.~.~.~.~

Romano caressed Italy's bangs gently, watching his little brother's eye lids dropping lower and lower. He knew the Northern Italian was trying to fight off sleep but he must rest. Thankfully, China somehow pulled off in making a sleeping remedy for the stubborn Italian and he was going to doze off any moment now.