Chapter 11: Endless possibilities seen 1111111 times

~.~.~.~.~

Endless possibilities seen 1111111 times

The first thing everyone found was a small room in the basement. They weren't sure what it was really used for though, because the room was so tiny. Everyone but Japan and Italy left to search for clues somewhere else. The two were able to find a key to a cell on the basement level, but there was no door they could use it for. There was a locked door at the end of one of the two corridors after passing the small room, but the key they found was not for that one.

"We have searched everywhere aru!" China complained after lifting up every single cushion on a black couch. At the end of the other corridor, everyone was now together in a living room with a black tea table and three long couches. They had been searching for perhaps another clue, a key, or a clock. But..."There is nothing here but these bags of herbal plants I found!"

"Keep searching! There has to be something else in here for us to open that door!" Germany ordered. Everyone groaned and continued to search every nook and cranny in the room for the fourth time. But it was a hundred per cent obvious that there was nothing in here that they could use.

"But what is there to search?" Russia whispered to Canada while they lift up one of the couches for England to search under. "Like China said, we have searched everywhere."

"Shut up. Or he'll make us search the whole mansion," England grumbled when he got back up.

Japan stared at them and sighed, before seating himself onto one of the couches. He fiddled with the key he found in his hand, while replaying what happened between him and Italy in that small room.

That room only had a single white rug underneath a table, and two drawers with a closet. Japan and Italy looked at each other before they began to search. It ended pretty quickly once Japan found the key.

"'Basement - Cell Key'..." Japan muttered to himself when he took out a key in one of the drawers. After searching everywhere, the Japanese nation concluded there were no clocks in this room. He wondered how many clocks there were in this mansion and hoped they didn't miss any. "Well, I guess this is all we can find in here..."

"Hey, Japan?" the Japanese nation perked up and turned around to find Italy standing behind him, hands behind his back while staring at his friend with a blank expression.

"Yes?"

"I have been wondering for a while now..." Italy began. "Have you been brooding over something?"

The question sounded a little hesitant but since Italy had a Poker face on, it was quiet hard to tell. Japan realized this was the serious Italy.

"Why do you ask?"

"Have you been brooding over something?" he repeated, this time much more confident and pushy. "You've been acting weird since you broke the clock in the study."

Japan tilted his head. Around Italy, he believed that everyone was getting fake memories, but Japan himself wondered if perhaps those 'memories' he and everyone saw were not actually memories, but possibilities. He saw the countless possibilities on what would have happened if he came with another group. He saw what would have happened if he had not locked the doors. He was even shown the vision of what was perhaps the future.

But would Italy believe that? He looked dead set on believing they were bad things. "Nothing really," Japan assured his friend with a small smile.

But Italy's gaze started to harden and his smile strained. "Are you really sure? You can tell me anything, you know?"

"It's really nothing, Italy-kun...I'm really fine, so please...can you relax a bit?"

"Relax? Ha!" Italy laughed. "What do you mean? I'm always relaxed!"