Chapter 10: The 905310th time fix

The 905310th time fix

"What is wrong with everybody?" Japan heard Canada whisper as they all continued to argue.

He didn't understand why everyone (including himself) suddenly had all the facts mixed up. America did tell them about this mansion, so it would be illogical if he didn't come. But Italy and Germany were insisting that Prussia came with them, yet Japan recalled that he came with America and...

It has such a desolated feel...Not bad...Not bad at all.

Prussia's voice rang out in the back of Japan's mind, but it sounded so far away. Those words sounded so familiar to him that he felt like he heard it yesterday...But yesterday he came with America and after they entered the mansion, Japan was with Italy, Germany, and Prussia...and America was...

Japan blinked and rewinded those last memories. He came with America to the mansion, but then suddenly he was with Italy and the others. He shook his head. That doesn't make sense at all! I'm sure I came here with America-san, but how did I end up with Italy-kun and the others? Maybe America-san disappeared after that and I ran into them? He once again tried to recall what exactly happened yesterday; did America really disappear once they entered the mansion? Japan recalled that he let America enter the mansion first, and then he was talking to Italy and the others inside...

What happened to America-san? Japan was becoming frustrated with this. He wasn't that old to forget his noisy friend, so why couldn't he remember where he went off to?

There was no use in continuing these questions which would lead one question to another non-stop. No one paid attention to Japan as he walked away from them and subconsciously went towards one of the drawers.

Japan remembered England and Canada saying they didn't get the chance to search the room completely before the others arrived. Japan opened the top drawer and found a clock running at an abnormal speed.

Oh, here it is. Japan took out his katana and aimed the point of his weapon at the center of the clock. I should break this already. He stabbed the weapon into it, letting the sound echo around the room as the clock's glass face broke and the hands came to an instant halt. The sound got everyone's attention and stopped their arguing.

"There," Japan let out a breath of satisfaction. "Another one down and-" the pale orange blur suddenly filled his vision instantly, surprising Japan. He was able to ignore them before, but this time, the blur was more intense than the others and was not gone as quickly.

Japan was starting to feel nauseated from it and he clamped his eyes shut. Is this the enemies' trick? He wondered, not daring to open his eyes.

"Here! It's here! Just like the rumours said!" a familiar voice shouted.

Japan instinctively opened his eyes and his jaws slacked at what he saw in front of him. The white Piano Room was replaced with a sepia-coloured scenery, with the haunted mansion looming above him and three other nations. Japan squinted at them, rubbing his eyes before double checking if his mind was playing tricks on him or not.

For some reason, a sepia coloured America, England, and another Japan were standing in front of the mansion, all looking up at the building. The real Japan gasped loudly when he realized that he was actually seeing this. None of the nations at the front heard nor saw him though.

"Hey, America, how about trying to keep it down?" England suggested. The Japan between them looked at them and sighed.

"I'm not doing anything wrong!" America defended. "Right, Japan?"