Chapter 4: Unknown Time No: 38249304

Unknown Time No: 38249304

"Don't let that Thing see me...Don't let that Thingsee me...Don't let that Thing see me..."

Japan kept on chanting as he held the door knob in his left hand while holding onto his katana in his right.

Just...look in...make sure the coast is clear...then sneak in to get that key. Yes, just do that!

Japan slowly opened the door a tiny bit; just enough so that he could see if that Thing was anywhere near the door. But what he saw made him blink in confusion, and then open the door fully.

The room was now brightly lit and the freezing temperature was gone. There was no thumping sound that Thing as well. In fact, it was no where in sight.

But Japan was still cautious as he walked up to the desk. The key was still on the floor, among his other talismans he dropped. He picked them all up and placed them in his bag, also with the other ones on the desk. He might need these when he need to fight that Thing again.

Japan shuddered. That Thing, I don't know if it'sa demon or a monster. That grotesque colour, those demonic black eyes, and its dark claws; it's much more horrifying than the ones I read about.

He brought the key to his eye level and read off the words on the sticker stuck to it.

IV - Master Key

"Ahh, perfect!" Japan exclaimed and placed the key in his pocket. This could help him open all those doors on the forth floor and he might be able to find his two other friends.

After getting everything, Japan headed for the door; but the huge collection of books caught his attention.

He was in a hurry to find the others, but..."Oh, just a quick look won't do any harm." He went up to the shelf grabbed one of the books off the shelf. When he pulled it out, it turned out that it was really old and tattered. "If that Thing is the owner of this place, he really doesn't know how to take care of books!" he mumbled while flipping through the pages. Most of the words were either faded or scribbled out, much to Japan's disappointment, but then some faded out but could be made out words at the bottom of the page caught his eyes.

"To the me who reads this," he read, "in order to survive and leave this place, you'll need all the strength that you can get."

A way to get out? Japan thought and quickly flipped to the next page; but then his hope diminished. Whoever wrote this, his or her work was now scribbled out. He huffed, and tried to read the ones that weren't scribbled out completely. He could make out the words "in", "protect", then something-something. Japan grumbled. So much for getting my hopes up. He sighed and was about to close the book, but before he did, another sentence caught his eyes.

He blinked a few times and read it at once. The words were written in illegible kanjis but, somehow he could make it out.

"This chant will power up your katana and ward off the Thing." It read at the bottom and the rest was scribbled out again.

Japan read the Shinto chant on the book.* After reading it once, he memorized it off by heart. It was a long chant but somehow, he was able to remember every single words and pronunciation in it.

I'm sure this chant will help me. And Japan placed the book back into its place and left the library.

~.~.~.~.~

On the way to the forth floor, Japan tried to open all three doors on the third floor, but it was all locked tight. Sighing in defeat, he continued.