Chapter 2: 15:52

15:52

The town was bustling with life as people walked about with their friends or family; either shopping, hanging out or just liked to enjoy the day with the warm sun shining down upon them.

But there were two people not enjoying that.

"But I used my own money, West! What's your problem now?" Prussia demanded while swinging his new, rusty sword about as he glared at his younger brother. "Why are ya still complainin' when I didn't use your's?"

"Because, bruder," Germany growled in exasperation, and pinched the bridge of his nose as a headache started to come, "you have once again wasted money on another useless item! Why do you keep buying old swords anyway? You don't fight with swords anymore!"

"I didn't buy this because of that! I bought it because of its awesomeness!" The Prussian raised his sword into the air and let the afternoon sun shine on the gems encrusted on the hilts. "Take a look how it's made! Look how the gems gleam! Look how it-"

"Look how it rusts," Germany deadpanned.

Prussia shut up, and stared at Germany as he tried to think of a comeback. "Well...uhhh...this...just adds another awesome factor to it!" he added quickly before laughing nervously.

Japan and Italy just watched them from a distance. The Italian was humming happily to himself but stopped when he noticed Japan's expression. He was staring at the arguing siblings with not just emotionless eyes, but also with a small frown on his lips.

"Something wrong, Japan?" Italy asked innocently.

Japan looked up at Italy and shook his head. "Oh no, nothing is wrong."

The Italian pouted and persisted at his Asian friend a bit more. "It's really nothing, Italy-kun," he tried to reassure him but Italy started to whine.

"Japan seems upset about something, so I want to know what it is!" Italy said and tugged at Japan's sleeves like a five year old demanding his parent's their attention.

Do I really look like that? Japan wondered. "It's not-" he stopped himself when Italy pouted more. "It's...It's just that...I think I envy those two."

Italy tilted his head. "Germany and Prussia?"

Japan nodded and continued, "During my time with them, I have noticed that they have a good bond."

"Bond?"

"They have a good brotherly bond, even when they argue or fight with each other," Japan said and a sad smile was on his face, "and it is not like the ones I share with my own brothers."

Italy tilted his head from side to side as he began to think and went 've' constantly. After a moment of thinking, he finally asked, "Like with who?"

"Umm...j-just two of my brothers that I have problems with...mostly..." he trailed off as he thought about them. One of them was Korea, who was a handful when he lived with him and China when they were kids. He could not believe such a loud, noisy person could grow up into a man of not only loud and noisy, but also a 'claimer' and a 'groper'. And there was China, who he had betrayed by slashing at his own older brother's back, even after taking him in and taught him all sorts of things when the eldest found him in the bamboo forest.

"Is one of them China? But I don't think you have a bad brotherly bond with him," Italy said and brought Japan out of his thoughts.

"Pardon?"

"Well, you came in the end, didn't you?" Italy asked and twirled around to face Japan. "You came because you were worried about China, right?"

Italy-kun was listening? Japan thought as Italy still went on. "Brothers always have arguments and fights, you know? Not only Germany and Prussia, but also the Nordic nations! Vee, and even me and fratello!" Italy went as he twirled around again and stopped to face Japan with his bright smile, "We all fight all the time but we still care about each other. And that's a good brotherly bond, right?" Japan nodded. "Well, you two fight as well, but you still care about China anyway! And I'm sure China feels the same way about his younger brother as well!