⟨ 24 - Ambush ⟩

THIRD POV

Back at the island, cheers echoing the land. Lights from fire lightning the dark forest. Berkians can be seen drinking and dancing happily.

Not far from the crowded vikings, Y/N can be seen sipping his drink. "To the chief!" He chuckles when he sees Hiccup getting lift by.

"Something caught your beautiful eyes?" Eret, who sitting besides him asks with a smile. His face is blushing, either drunk or something, but still, his words makes Y/N's heart flutters.

"Hmm. . . Watching others happy makes me happy." He smiled, putting his jug down and watching Berkians dancing. Eret's smiles died down, also putting his jug down and just staring at the man.

Y/N looks back him with worry face. "Hey, what's wrong? Drinking to much?" He asks in concern after notices Eret's smiles gone. "Have anyone ever tell you that your smile is the most beautiful things in the world?"

Y/N was taken back. "You know. Aside from your eyes, your smile is the most beautiful things I've ever seen." He bluntly said. Y/N blinks a few times. "Oh wow. . . Thanks." He smiles genuinely, causing Eret to smiled back.

Hiccup came with Gobber at his side. "This was supposed to be a temporary solution." Hiccup spoke. "It's unanimous. Everyone agrees we've definitely traded up." Eret walk down from the table.

"Well done chief

"Well done chief." Hiccup awkwardly chuckled as Eret walked away. "What if the tail broke? What if Grimmel found him? What if he needs me?"

"Would you relax?" Gobber tries to reassure him. "He'd probably having the time of his life." Gobber nods when Y/N also trying to reassuring the man as he joins them.

"How would I know? She never comes around. And when she does, she's always rushing off. I'm saying how do we know if she's right for us?"

"Them." Y/N corrected the chief. "You know what I mean. She's so wild and skittish. I'm just gonna say it. I don't trust her." Both Y/N and Gobber laughed.

"Can't tell 'em all, Hiccup. One day, you'll have to snip those apron strings and let Toothless stretch his wings." Y/N nods in agreement.

"True. You know we can't keep dragons, like, forever. Especially since our's population is getting bigger, furries are Alphas, the chance of become more dangerous target is definitely big."

"Hmm, brilliant Y/N! Reminds me of a talk I had with Stoick and F/N about you two." He suddenly yelped when notices a group of purple Hobgobblers on his right. "Where do they keep coming from?!" Gobber asks himself and hides behind a tree.

"Who?" Both Hiccup and Y/n asked. The man points his finger, only to see nothing. "Those bloody Hobgobblers. I swear they're popping up faster than rabbits. I think they want to eat me. Evidence would suggest I'm tasty." Gobber gestures to himself.