Chapter 44

🎶: 'Afraid' by DAY6

Night passed, and it was Sunday.

Snow covered the streets, the houses, and the gardens surrounding the neighborhood.

Everyone, the Byuns and the other five, were gathered in the Kangs' household. 

After having a serious talk with Taeyeon yesterday about how Yerim has been coping with the accident, Taehyun and Soobin decided they should all sit down and talk it through.

It was no secret that things were tough.

For Yerim and Juhyeok.

For all of them.

"As sad it is... from the way both kids are acting, this is an event that'll never be erased from their memories," Beomgyu said.

Yeonjun nodded in agreement.

"They will need therapy."

"Certainly," Kai added.

"I've looked online for child psychologists that could have sessions with them twice a week," Taeyeon said.

"Were you successful?"

"I found one down the corner of my workplace, so I could bring both of them there after school."

"What is the fee?" Soobin asked.

Taeyeon sighed.

"Expensive."

Baekhyun looked at the two police department members.

"Taehyun, Beomgyu, I read somewhere that the SMP pays for therapy for people under 18 that have been affected by such things; can you confirm its validity?"

"We can."

"But for only four years maximum," Taehyun quietly answered.

"Four years, is that a good time?" Yeonjun asked.

Beomgyu shrugged.

"You can never determine how long it'll take for them to recover."

"It's true. It took me a long time to recover from my father's abuse," Soobin responded.

"But I think four years is a good start. Hopefully by then, something will get better," Kai added.

The Byun couple nodded.

"Then let's do that."

"If you ask me," Yeonjun began. "I think what will also help is if Juhyeok and Yerim do more after-school activities outside of home."

"Well, they do attend the art school," Taeyeon commented.

"It's where they were headed to... before... you know," Beomgyu added.

A thick silence consumed the air.

Baekhyun exhaled.

"Look. We all can't let that memory hold us back. We're doing this for the kids, and we have to be positive for them."

"He's right. It's undoubtedly a traumatizing event, but with the right help, they'll be okay," Taeyeon added.

"When they start therapy, we will look for alternatives that'll make the coping and recovery process faster, as the psychologist will find out what triggers their trauma the most," Beomgyu continued.

"Soobin and I can also look out for them at school," Yeonjun offered.

"And I can look for any necessary items, such as stress balls or such," Kai said.