Chapter 8

🎶: 'What Do I Call You' by Taeyeon

"Dad!"

Completely forgetting his earlier fears, Juhyeok came running towards Taehyun, hugging the latter around his waist.

Taehyun could barely focus on him, but his hands still reached down to pat his son's head.

His eyes were fixated on the man right there.

He was... unbelievably handsome.

Like he belonged in a museum because of how beautifully carved out his face was, and that perfectly styled black hair added further to his point.

Little did he know, the ravenette in front of him was staring at him too, especially at those beautiful clear orbs.

"... Dad? Dad? DAD!"

The brunette snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a shrill voice call for him, and instantly switched his parent mode on.

"Juhyeok, do you have any idea how worried you made me when I didn't see you outside?!" Taehyun exclaimed.

He looked at his feet with guilt.

"Sorry."

"Ehem."

Taehyun glanced up, and nearly stepped back from shock. Soobin had stood up, and was standing relatively close to him, his tall height towering him.

"Are you Juhyeok's father?" he asked.

Taehyun cleared his throat.

"Yes, I am."

"Well then, I won't keep you from talking with your son."

He was about to turn away, but then Juhyeok spoke up.

"Mr Choi?"

The librarian glanced back.

"Yes?"

"Can you please... explain to my dad what happened?"

Soobin looked at Taehyun, his eyes piercing into his soul. The brunette felt a lump form in his throat that he did his best to swallow, feeling just a little bit intimidated.

"Well... alright."

"Yay! Thank you!"

That snapped Taehyun out of it.

"What? No, Juhyeok, you explain to me what happened that made you land in detention," he exclaimed.

"It's quite alright, Mr Kang, I can say it for him."

Just the way Soobin said 'Mr Kang' was enough for him to shut up, and that freaked Taehyun  out.

"Alright. Speak," he said.

Soobin nodded.

"So Juhyeok here came to his classmate Yerim's defense when another classmate of theirs, Im Rowoon, pushed her during gym class."

"Aha?"

"He punched him and was sent here to the library to serve detention."

From the way Juhyeok was clutching his shirt and showing puppy eyes, Taehyun sensed he was squeamish about his reaction.

It doesn't take a fool to realize why.

He just took a deep breath.

"Alright, thank you Mr Choi. We'll get going."

Taehyun grasped Juhyeok's hand.

"Come along now."

The duo was about to leave when Taehyun felt a hand on his shoulder. An extremely warm and large hand at that.