Chapter 25

🎶: 'Amusement Park' by Baekhyun

"What movie are we gonna watch now?" Juhyeok asked.

Taehyun came inside the living room and set the plate with cookies on the couch, sitting down next to him.

"Well, we already watched both Santa Paws movies, so how about we watch... Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?"

"But that movie is sad at the beginning!" Juhyeok protested.

"It gets better, son, remember?"

"Okay fine."

Taehyun grabbed the remote control, about to select the next movie, when the doorbell rang.

A frown formed on his face.

"Strange. I thought Kai and Beomgyu would visit tomorrow," he said.

"Me too," Juhyeok agreed.

Nevertheless, Taehyun stood up and walked towards the entrance door, unlocking it.

"Soobin?!"

"Merry Christmas Eve," the tall man laughed.

Soobin was dressed in cozy clothes, a warm beige sweater paired with loose pants under his long brown coat, and he had a sack draped over his back.

"What are you doing here; come inside."

Taehyun pulled him inside by the arm and shut the door behind him to not allow any more cold in the house.

"I thought you'd need a little more cheer on this eve," Soobin responded.

"Soobin!"

Juhyeok scrambled off the couch (thankfully the cookies remained safe) and ran over to his school librarian, hugging him tightly.

"Hi there Juhyeok; you're looking cheerful," Soobin said, getting down on one knee to be on eye level with him.

"Yeah! And my head bandage is coming off soon as well!" Juhyeok grinned brightly.

Soobin briefly read what was written there, but didn't question it, not yet at least.

"That's great to know!"

"Yes, it is," Taehyun added.

"Alright then."

Soobin patted his sack.

"Let's see if you enjoy what I have for you," he smiled.

"You got me a present?!"

"Indeed. They have your name on it."

"YAY!!"

Juhyeok opened the sack, and found his presents, gasping in delight after unwrapping them and seeing Soobin got him the book series he wished for.

"Thank you so much!"

Soobin smiled, before walking to the kitchen. 

Taehyun was there, about to prepare some actual dinner, when he heard Soobin speak.

"Why is LOSER written on Juhyeok's bandage?"

He turned around to see Soobin standing behind him.

"What?"

"Why does Juhyeok have something as dreadful as that written on his cast?" Soobin asked.

"Oh... someone asked him if they could sign it on the last day of school. Juhyeok refused as he didn't want anything written on his forehead, but then the same person went ahead and wrote that," Taehyun explained.