Chapter 31

🎶: 'Be in Love' by ITZY

As much as his neck allowed him to, Juhyeok scanned the bus for Soobin, but unfortunately he couldn't find him in the crowd of students.

A frown settled on his face. 

"Yerim?" he asked.

"Yes Juju?"

"Where is S— Mr Choi?"

"Huh? Is he not here?"

"I wouldn't be asking otherwise."

Yerim glanced around to make sure Juhyeok didn't miss him, but she came to realize that it was a silly idea.

None of them would be able to miss someone twice their size.

"Weird; did something happen?" Yerim asked.

Yeonjun at that moment boarded the bus, and since Juhyeok and Yerim sat close to the front together, he spotted their confusion right away.

"Hey kids, everything okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine."

"We're just wondering where Mr Choi is. He was supposed to be here today," Yerim explained.

"Ah... we'll make the announcement soon, but Mr Choi called in sick and can't come on our trip," Yeonjun explained.

"What?!" Juhyeok exclaimed.

"What happened?" Yerim questioned.

"He suddenly got sick, but he'll be okay."

I hope.

Juhyeok himself felt uneasy hearing that.

Soobin went out with Dad just two days ago... Can someone get sick that quickly? Dad would have told me though.

"Oh... that's too bad," Yerim replied.

"Yes, but he wishes us a pleasant trip."

Arin boarded the bus as well with Yubin, who took her whistle out and blew it.

"Listen up, everyone, we have an announcement..."

Juhyeok sighed and slumped back in his seat.

"I wish he would be here."

"You really like Mr Choi, don't you?"

"Mhm..."

Yerim wrapped an arm around the younger, and smiled as she usually did.

"I know you're bummed, but try your best to not let it ruin the whole trip for you. We'll still have fun, regardless of who is joining us as supervision."

"I won't, don't worry."

Neither Soobin or Dad would want that.

The trip down to Daegu and their destination took about three and a half hours by bus. To pass the time, Yubin and Arin suggested singing some children's songs, which the first graders happily joined in.

Nobody really noticed, but as they traveled further south, the temperature was increasing by just a little bit, enough to make a difference.

Finally, the long awaited hiss of the bus slowing down came, and GES first grade had arrived at the Ilmol Nature Reserve.

"Alright everybody, exit the bus carefully and get your bags!" Yeonjun exclaimed, already climbing off the vehicle.

Yerim and Juhyeok made sure they had everything and didn't leave anything behind, before stepping off the bus and strutting towards the luggage compartment.