Chapter 27

January

"Bye Juju!"

"Bye Yerim, see you this weekend!"

"See you!"

Yerim skipped off with her cousin, who was accompanying her to go shopping for new clothes, bickering as always.

"Can we get donuts afterwards?"

"Did you bring money?"

"You're so mean!!"

Taehyun took Juhyeok's hand into his, the child's bandage finally off, and they walked down the street to his car.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"What should we get Yerim? Her party is coming up; what do I do?!"

As you may expect, this is Juhyeok's very first birthday party he's attending. Of course, he's had parties for his own birthday with Taehyun, Kai and Beomgyu, but never one for a friend.

Kindergarten was completely out of the question too.

He wasn't close to many people in his class aside from Yerim, and since they didn't really know him either, he wasn't invited.

Did he care?

Not exactly, but it gets nerve wracking when you lack experience.

"We'll figure it out; I actually have an idea. She likes art, doesn't she?"

And Juhyeok understood where he was heading.

"Oh yeah!"

+x+

🎶: 'Sneakers' by ITZY

"Have fun, but don't eat too much cake!" Taehyun called after Juhyeok.

"I will, I won't!"

"Bye!"

"Bye bye Dad!"

Juhyeok skipped towards the house, and rang the bell. Moments later, Taeyeon opened the front door.

"Hello Juhyeok," she smiled.

"Hi Taeyeon."

Juhyeok walked inside and was in awe. The entire living room was decorated with balloons, confetti and flowers. In the kitchen, he could spot a massive strawberry cake with lots of frosting.

Even Zero was dressed up for the party, having a big puffy bow around his neck that poofed his fur up even more.

He also saw a second table by the big table, which had a party hat prop for decoration.

"You can put your gift there," Taeyeon said.

"Okay."

Juhyeok obediently placed his present on a separate table next to the big table.

"Where is Yerim?" he questioned.

"She's still getting ready upstairs."

"Oh ok."

The doorbell rang again, and Taeyeon rushed to the door to open it.

Juhyeok had no idea who was invited to Yerim's party; she told him it would probably be old friends from kindergarten and some of their classmates.

The next guest came inside the room, and looked around in awe as well.

"Hey Mingyeong!" Juhyeok greeted her.