Chapter 24

🎶: '2 Kids' by Taemin

The whole morning felt... different for Yerim.

Maybe it had to do with the breakfast setup.

Everything was pretty much the same.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun sat on opposite sides of the table with Yerim in the middle, Zero was sleeping in the living room next to the fireplace (lazy pup), and there were some songs playing on the radio.

So it pretty much was the same.

Aside from the fact Jinsong and Juhyeok sat across from her.

But that wasn't it.

Neither was the McDonald's breakfast meal contributing to this strange feeling in Yerim.

Her parents were talking about their jobs at this moment.

"Still don't understand why parents don't want to vaccinate their kids against the flu. We're even lowering the costs so they're more available to everyone," Baekhyun complained subtly.

"I agree with you on that. It's better to have your child scream for five seconds and cry for two minutes from a little prick in your arm than have them suffer two to three weeks from high fever," Taeyeon replied.

"And this is the reason I married you."

Taeyeon laughed out loud, and Baekhyun chuckled too.

Juhyeok giggled as well.

"I agree with both of you too."

"See? Common sense is the best!" Taeyeon added.

Does Juhyeok have this at home? Or is it just him and his father exchanging laughs while eating dinner, lunch or breakfast?

"Well, change of topic: I contacted the art school last night again, and they finally have a spot for both Yerim and Juhyeok in the school; isn't that great?" she said.

Jinsong high fived Juhyeok.

"Congrats dude!!"

"Yeah!"

Yerim wasn't paying attention to their words, just chewing on her hash brown as she continued thinking. Until she felt Baekhyun tousle her hair a bit.

"Ow!" she exclaimed.

"Yerim, your mom was talking to you."

"Oh, what?"

Taeyeon smiled softly.

"I said the art school you were interested in said there's an available spot for you and Juhyeok."

"Oh. That's great."

Baekhyun and Taeyeon glanced at each other, and then at their daughter.

"Honey, is everything really okay?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah, why not?" Yerim questioned.

"You've been really quiet today, which isn't like you," Taeyeon replied, laying her hand on her arm and rubbing it gently.

"We just wanna make sure you're okay."

Yerim looked at them.

At their concerned faces as they asked her if she was okay.

Juhyeok can only look at one face whenever his parents ask if he is doing okay...

Her eyes met her best friend, who only gave her a small encouraging smile.

"It's really fine, I promise. I'm just tired," she fibbed.

Yerim was tired, really she was. She and Juhyeok did lose roughly an hour or two of sleep due to talking.