Chapter 12

Juhyeok gasped in delight when they entered the roller skating center downtown.

"It's so big!"

"I know. So hold my hand tightly," Taehyun replied.

Juhyeok tightened his grasp on his hand, as did Taehyun, not wanting him to get lost. He paid for three hours, and then walked with Juhyeok to the rollerblades selection, where a worker was relaxing as she waited.

"One adult size 11 and one children's size 5 ½," Taehyun ordered.

The lady nodded.

"Coming right up."

Just a few minutes later, she came back with two pairs. The larger pair was completely black, and the other was beige with orange wheels.

"Here you go."

"Thank you."

Taehyun took the skates and went with Juhyeok to one of the benches for people to sit on as they put their shoes on.

"Can I try putting them on myself?" Juhyeok asked.

"Sure, why not?"

"Yay!"

Juhyeok slipped his rollerblades on, and Taehyun did the same. But just a few seconds after he tied his first shoelace, he heard Juhyeok whine.

"I can't do this," he complained.

"I'll help you in a sec Juju," Taehyun responded, hastily tying his shoelace to hurry up.

But then he paused midway.

Because he heard a certain charming voice.

"Hello Mr Kang."

🎶: 'leave the light on' by Johnny Orlando

Taehyun glanced up, and to no one's surprise, Soobin was standing there. If you can consider slightly moving your feet because you're on wheels standing.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyun asked.

"Oh so now I cannot go around on my own without you thinking I'm stalking you?" Soobin responded.

"That's not what I meant—"

"Mr Choi!"

Juhyeok excitedly stood up, unfortunately forgetting he was on slippery roller blades.

"WOAH!!"

Taehyun reached out to catch him, but Soobin swiftly knelt down and caught Juhyeok before he could fall down.

"Thanks!" the little child giggled.

"No problem."

Soobin looked at Taehyun, who only sighed.

"Thanks for catching him."

"I like that."

Soobin tied Juhyeok's shoelaces, and the little boy excitedly kicked his feet around.

"I can't wait to skate for the first time!"

"I'll have to teach you first," Taehyun replied, standing up.

Soobin chuckled.

"You know, when I was in high school, I used to go rollerskating for fun."

"Okay. And?"

"Perhaps Juhyeok would want a professional to teach him," Soobin suggested.

Taehyun shook his head.

"No, I think he rather have me do—"

"Can you teach me, Mr Choi?!" Juhyeok asked with a bright smile.