Chapter 36

🎶: 'Until We Meet Again' by Boy Sompob
A/N: the Thai version is highly recommended :)

Taehyun woke up the next morning, feeling the sun's rays softly shine through the curtains onto his face, making him blink his eyes and open them.

A soft exhale left his lips as he carefully lifted himself up just a bit, wincing a little from the pain in his lower back.

Oh... right.

A smile crossed Taehyun's features, thinking about last night, before glancing back. There laid Soobin, still asleep, snuggled into the blankets, black hair messy and wavy.

He must be tired.

Taehyun decided to lay in bed again, too sore to move his limbs. But it wasn't long before he heard the soft shuffle of fabric moving, and felt a kiss being pressed on his cheek.

"Morning love," Soobin groggily whispered.

"Good morning."

Taehyun tilted his face to the side, pecking Soobin on the lips, before they naturally fell into each other's embrace, with Taehyun leaning against Soobin's bare chest and Soobin wrapping an arm around his smaller figure.

"How are you feeling?" Soobin asked.

Taehyun played with his now-boyfriend's fingers, smiling to himself again.

"I feel... the best I've ever felt in my life."

"That's good."

Soobin chuckled.

"You were amazing last night."

"So were you."

"I must say this though..."

"What?"

"You never told me you have so many defined muscles."

The brunette burst out laughing, and Soobin joined in.

"Soobin."

"Yes?"

"I'm part of the police. I may not be out fighting crime, but I did go through a bit of training."

"That explains it all."

Soobin pressed another kiss on Taehyun, this time on his ear, resulting in Taehyun giggling and snuggling closer to him, allowing them to cuddle a bit.

Until Soobin's stomach grumbling interrupted it.

"Perhaps I'm hungry," he sheepishly admitted.

Taehyun giggled.

"I'll go prepare us some breakfast then. Lemme shower quickly though, okay?"

"I can always wait for you, darling."

Soobin's flirtatious remarks never failed to make Taehyun blush. He pecked Soobin's cheek before climbing out of bed, smiling at him before grabbing some clothes, and rushing towards the shower.

Meanwhile, Soobin laid back into the sheets, and stared at the ceiling with a goofy smile.

I can't believe we're finally together.

After taking a short shower and getting dressed in lazy clothes, not wanting to wear anything else, Taehyun headed downstairs to prepare some breakfast for the two of them.

"What should I cook," he muttered to himself.

It was Monday morning.

Luckily for him, they still had time to have a nice and comfortable breakfast, and clean, as the bus would be coming in the late afternoon, so they could spend the morning in peace.