Chapter 5

🎶: 'Blue Moon (Cinema Version)' by BTOB

Taehyun was waiting at a fancy restaurant close to inner Seoul, dressed in a crisp ironed black suit and holding a pink rose in his hands, for his blind date.

Yes, you heard him.

Blind date.

A couple months ago, Taehyun opened a public Discord account. In it, he gave some of his information, and in his bio stood: Contact For Free Dates.

Why was he doing this?

Well, he was looking for a mother.

Ever since Juhyeok was born, Taehyun knew all too well that he was missing a second parent.

Raising him as a baby, having to feed him with specially produced milk as he didn't have a mother, was difficult.

Taehyun barely slept in his first few months, as Juhyeok was very loud and restless, and he couldn't go to work either. Who would've taken care of the baby then?

Luckily for him, Beomgyu and Kai moved up to Seoul, and started working extra jobs to financially support their friend. They even lived together for a year, before the couple moved out once Taehyun was finally granted maternity leave upon turning 18.

Ever since then, Beomgyu and Kai nevertheless helped Taehyun out, and Juhyeok became so fond of them that he started calling them "uncle".

While his best friends have been the best assistance he could have ever asked for, Taehyun knew they have their own lives to lead, and that Juhyeok shouldn't always be their priority.

And when last year happened, he became twice as desperate to find someone who would willingly be Juhyeok's mother.

Taehyun was nowhere near the most social person, not ever since his tragedy at 17 happened, but he interacted with his customers in a friendly manner, booked blind dates with them, and went wherever they wanted to go.

His heart could never bring himself to let Mihye go or replace her, but nevertheless, he at least had to try looking.

If not for himself, then for Juhyeok.

"Umm, excuse me sir?"

Taehyun turned around when he heard a female voice speak to him. She was shorter by a few inches, with bobbed hair, and wore a black dress with a jacket over it.

"Have you perhaps seen someone named Kang Taehyun? I have a date scheduled with him at 6:00 pm right at this restaurant," she asked.

Taehyun nodded.

"That would be me. You are Lee Namjoo, aren't you?"

She nodded.

"Yes, hello."

"Hello ma'am."

Taehyun bowed respectfully and handed her the rose, which she accepted. He held his arm out, so she could link her arm with his, and then they walked inside.

"Do you prefer being formal and calling each other by our surnames, or would you like to be called by your name?" Taehyun asked.

"My name is fine enough. What about you?"

"I'm okay with you calling me by my name."

"Alright."

Namjoo and Taehyun walked into the dining area, where a waiter dressed in a dry-clean uniform was standing at the door frame, a towel draped over his forearm.

"A reserve close to the window for Kang Taehyun?" Taehyun questioned.

The waiter checked his list.

"Right away sir."