Chapter 26

Julian and Ellie, were watching the footage for Julian's newest project. Ellie laughing as she watched Nathan stand on the back of Clays wheelchairs as they speed down the hall.

"I wonder if they'd all be smiling if they knew you were filming them from the bushes." Brooke joked walking over them.

"I was just thinking about the wedding, and I realized I don't have a best man." Julian said "Since I moved to Tree Hill, I've lived in this Brooke bubble, and I haven't gotten close to anyone else."

"Mama?" Ellie asked waving a hand in front of her face.

"Sorry." She muttered "I was just trying to envision a Brooke bubble. Who was your best friend growing up?" She adds

"Um..." Julian stalls as Sylvia comes over

"I was!" She chuckles picking up her phone and imitating a radio. "Isn't that right? Ju-ju bee?"

"10-4, big mama." Julian replied acting like he was talking over radio as well.

"Okay..." Brooke muttered "maybe it wouldn't hurt for you to have some male friends here. Why don't you bond with the guys today while I take your mum to the bridal expo?"

"Don't I have to watch Ellie?" Asked Julian

"I can hang with Jamie."'Ellie suggested

lAre you sure you're gonna be okay spending the whole day alone with my mum today?" Asked Julian

"Yeah. It beats spending the day with my mum in prison. Besides, she's almost as excited about our wedding as I am."

"Ready?" Sylvia asked coming out the spare room.

"Mm." Brooke hummed

"Okay." Sylvia said walking to the front door.

"Have fun El." Brooke says following her soon to be mother in law to the door. "Over and out, mama's boy." She adds acting like she's over the radio.

***

"Alex, what are you doing here?" Ellie asked opening the door.

"What are you doing today?" She asked

"Probably gonna hang with Jamie or aunt Hales." She says

"What are you doing here Alex?" Asked Julian walking over to the door.

"I had a few days off, and I wanted to come visit." She said "what are you up to today?"

"I was just gonna hang with the guys today." Julian said

"Yeah, right. In your dreams, buddy." Alex said patting him on the shoulder, and inviting herself inside.

***

"Hi! My name is Alex Dupre." Alex smiled as Julian filmed her for the documentary "You might recognize me from tabloids, rehab, and Internet pοrn. But I also do an occasional movie."

"Okay. Come on, Alex. Be serious." Julian tells her, Alex let out a small sigh.

"Um...not long ago, I... I tried to commit suicide."

"Uh, okay, maybe not that serious." Julian said seeing Ellie's worried face.

"Okay. What do you want from me?" Asked Alex "I didn't come to town to be videotaped for your perv collection."

"Okay, it's a documentary about what comes next for the people in my life." Julian defended

"That sounds really boring, but that's not why I came back, either." Alex says

"If you didn't want to star in Ju-Ju bee's documentary why'd you come back?" Asked Ellie

"Ju-ju bee?" Questioned Alex.