Chapter 38

Ellie sat up tiredly rubbing her eyes, she had no idea what the time was but it was still dark outside. She thought she had heard someone walking around downstairs. Climbing down the stairs Ellie sees Julian waking out the front door.

Curiously Ellie sits at the top of the stairs waiting for him to come back in. At least 5 minutes pass, Julian still hadn't come back in. Ellie gets up and walks down the stairs heading out the door to find Julian in the car.

It was incredibly hot in the car, Ellie felt the warm air as soon as she pulled open the passenger car door and sat down next to Julian.

"It's hot in here." Ellie said reaching to turn the air conditioning down, Julian pushing away her hand.

"Ellie." He sighed

"What are you doing Julian?" Ellie asked, although she new the answer, he felt guilty about leaving Davis in the car. Julian didn't say anything.

"You know how you said at yours and mums wedding that you love me and you'd always be there for me." Ellie asked, Julian nodded for her to continue, "well, you gotta be there for the boys aswell, it was one mistake." Julian sighs.

"But Davis could died." Julian said

"But he didn't." Ellie said "it's really hot in here Julian, you should get out, come back inside."

"I think I'll stay out here a bit longer." Julian says to Ellie "you go back to bed

"I'm gonna go get mum." Ellie tells Julian opening up the door, "you need to talk to her." Ellie went to shut the door, but paused.

"And Julian..." Julian turned to look at Ellie "no one blames you." Ellie shut the door and went back inside, walking into her mums bed room.

"Mum." Ellie said shaking her "mama." She said giving her a harder shove.

"What's the matter El?" Brooke muttered sitting up "are you ok?"

"Yeah." Ellie said "but Julian's sitting in the car, with the heaters on." Brooke sighed

"He really Blames himself, and feels really guilty about leaving Davis in the car." Ellie adds

"Thanks El." Brooke pats her shoulder "go back to bed, I'll go talk to him."

"Night mum." Ellie says

"Night baby." Brooke says kissing her forehead.

***

"You know... It's on the house." Brooke said as Chris walked over, Brooke handed the money back to him.

"Well, well. Trying to buy me breakfast to get me back in the sack. It's too bad I'm taken."  Chris reply's, sitting down next to Ellie.

"Actually, I was hoping that you might consider performing here tonight... If possible." Brooke asked "It would really help us get our customers back."

"Oh, I don't doubt it, but I can't." Chris tells her "I'm kind of doing the girl who runs Tree Hill cafe."

"Great! Of course you are." Brooke says sarcastically "Figures that little tramp would be doing you and chase at the same time."

"What?" Chris questioned

"Chase and Tara..." Ellie began

"Chase?!" Chris questioned "No, no. Tara's my girlfriend. Why would you think chase and Tara would..." Chris paused letting what Brooke had said sink in "Come on."